Forgetfulness?

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
Baneael

Re: Forgetfulness?

Post by Baneael »

This made me so happy to see as a topic. I've been taking Prozac for almost a year, and every time my dose gets upped I have a very foggy brain. I forget the last names of good friends, and first names of acquaintances. I forgot to put water in the pot when I was heating it up for spaghetti. I had trouble participating in class because I would forget a lot of words that were more than one syllable. It is frustrating, but I find a humor in it too. The most frustrating part is that other people don't understand, and I feel like I'm constantly explaining "this is because of meds" "this other thing also is." It's hard to get people to understand that a forgotten name doesn't mean you like them less... But yeah you're not alone.
Mike

Re: Forgetfulness?

Post by Mike »

I have dreadful memory problems. At my previous job I was constantly losing and misplacing things so much that it became a joke among coworkers. It was really humiliating and frustrating. I take prozac and wellbutrin for depression. Unfortunately depression itself can cause memory problems so it's a no-win situation.

Return to “Medications”