effectiveness waning?

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
nucking futs

effectiveness waning?

Post by nucking futs »

Hello all,

I am writing to find out if others have had this experience. I have been on numerous different medications over the years, but currently I am taking Wellbutrin XL 300mg and Celexa 40mg. I have been taking this combination for over a year and while it never did seem to be the perfect combo, it seems that this combo is becoming less effective. Any ideas? I have taken Cymbalta in the past and I literally fear taking that drug. If you ever forget to take your daily dose, it feels like the drug punishes you for missing a dose.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for your input.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: effectiveness waning?

Post by manuel_moe_g »

My experience is that all meds "poop out". I have been on many different combinations of medications - none have ever approached how Prozac worked for me the first few months I took it. So I also use cognitive behavior therapy, self-administered from self-help books. I am glad I do - I have been much more proactive in my mental health cognitive therapy than my mom, and I have the better results to show for it.

Cheers, all the best! :)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
stephoodle

Re: effectiveness waning?

Post by stephoodle »

Ditto. In fact, going to see my doc soon to see if I can change up my meds again, as the sertraline seems not to be working at all anymore (this is the 4th SSRI I've been on)... it just seems that you try stuff, if it works stay on it for a while and once it stops working try something else. Lather, rinse, repeat. An irritating process as it's always rough switching meds, but at least there's generally going to be something else you can try.

Return to “Medications”