Anyone else on Brintellix

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
somerandompaul
Issues: Self-hate, paralyzing fear, depression, diagnosises that change every few years.
preferred pronoun: He

Anyone else on Brintellix

Post by somerandompaul »

Has anyone else taken Brintellix yet? What was your reaction to it? I haven't met or heard from anyone who took it yet and I just started it today.

Well, re-started. The first time around it seems to have had a negative interaction with some other psych meds (Trazadone, Latuda, and Clonazopam). I was told to discontinue those and to try the Brintellix again after a few days, which I'm doing.
somerandompaul
Issues: Self-hate, paralyzing fear, depression, diagnosises that change every few years.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Anyone else on Brintellix

Post by somerandompaul »

I wound up ditching the Brintellix. My anger towards others increased, I still felt a lot of self hatred towards myself, and my suicide ideation became more severe than normal. I'll restart the latuda and will start taking sertraline in place of the trazadone.
judasiscariotjr
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by judasiscariotjr »

Switched to Brintellix from Effexor recently due to the side effects I was having. No side effects so far with Brintellix other than I am sadder and more anxious. I hope this is just a dosage problem, but I guess we will see. At least I am not constantly dizzy, hungry and tired. Going from 15 to 20mg this week, I hope that helps.
"I still do, and I useta too-"
judasiscariotjr

Update after being on 20mg for a few weeks, still feeling bad. The pit is still there, I just don't feel like jumping in right now. My doc suggested adding a mood stabilizer on top, I guess I'm up for anything. Does anyone else have any experiences with this relatively new drug?
judasiscariotjr

Now on 10mg of Brintellix, paired with a low dose of Wellbutrin. I'm feeling a lot more stable and energy is up a bit, though not back to where I would like.

Return to “Medications”