Alcohol and more

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
Jenny Jump

Re: Alcohol and more

Post by Jenny Jump »

Welcome, Peter!

I can't speak enough praises for support groups when it comes to recovering from alcoholism or drug addiction. I've been sober a while with the help of a support group.
"I know what I am, I know what you think I am, but I refuse to be that simple." -Nomy Lamm
BCZF

Re: Alcohol and more

Post by BCZF »

Felt this thread needing a bump..

And to introduce myself, I'm John one of your moderators, I'm an alcoholic who suffers from anxiety and depression as well.

I have just recently attended AA meetings regularly, (been sober a month) and its such a great support system. What helps me is realizing all of the stupid crap that I though I came up with on my own, lo and behold, EVERYONE has done it.

AA meetings can get uncomfortable, especially those who don't like the spiritual aspect of the program, but the important thing is support, find another program, just find something where you can can battle this addiction with help, going alone may work for awhile, but believe me, when that urge strike the ability to call someone up before you take that plunge is soo comforting.

You are not alone, I think we live in the grip of alcohol and are afraid that being sober means somehow we lose our coping mechanism, our self medication. It aint easy, believe me, and im not saying Im not going to stumble, but dammit Im sick of what I became. I became "that guy"..And i dont want to be "that guy" anymore..

John
bczf

Return to “Are you addicted?”