I'm a love addict and being alone is killing me.

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
Eljefetacoma
Issues: Depression, bipolar, covert childhood sexual abuse, PTSD, ADD, love addiction
preferred pronoun: He

I'm a love addict and being alone is killing me.

Post by Eljefetacoma »

So I recently broke up with The Love of My Life, and now I'm really hurting. It's not so much about her, it's more about the little things that are gone. I loved laughing with her, cracking jokes, going places and watching tv. Text messages don't happen anymore. I wish I could take care of myself but I'm a complete mess. I'm doing better since my meds are sorted out, but I'm sad most of the time unless I'm talking to a woman.

Any of you guys feeling this way?
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: I'm a love addict and being alone is killing me.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Take care, friend. Be kind to yourself during this difficult time.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Applecider
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Co-dependent, problems maintaining relationships.
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Applecider »

I know that this topic has been quiet for a while but I wanted to say that I too miss the little things. I miss the drive out to his farm. I miss the wildflowers. I miss his parents. I miss the homey warmth of his Mother's kitchen. I miss feeding his horse apples and smelling her. I miss his laugh and smile. I miss how he'd put his hand on my knee when he drives. I miss seeing my dog get so excited at him.

I know that feeling - When a relationship ends - it's not just about losing the person... you lose everything that came with them, all the connections and the memories.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I'm sorry you lost the love of your life... Yes, I think most of us have lost the love of our lives due to breakups or some other reason. I've been married for years, but the last relationship before that was the most soul crushing experience I've ever had. That's the time when I really was a love addict. I couldn't get over him for years. I would cry on my way to work and I felt like I wanted to disappear. I still think about the experience even now, after I'm married. It's still painful to think about.

I'm glad your meds are working out, but the pain/sadness don't really go away... Feeling alone is such a terrible feeling. I'm so sorry this happened to you...
nightcitysong
Issues: Covert incest, codependency, addiction, depression, anxiety, CPTSD

Post by nightcitysong »

I'm late to this post but I am currently detoxing from love and sex addiction and it is fucking horrible. Hugs to all going through the same.

Return to “Are you addicted?”