Drained

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
jenloiacono

Drained

Post by jenloiacono »

Ugh, I feel like there is no possible way I can face work tomorrow. I'm so close to getting a new job, and while that is exciting, it is making it exeedingly painful to keep showing up to my current job. I just want to crawl in bed and spend tomorrow with my head under the covers..

And now I feel guilting for bitching about my job. "I should be happy that I have a job at all in this economy" is what I keep hearing. It's like i'm being looked down on for trying to find something that will hopefully make me less miserable.

Now I'm confused and my brain hurts..
sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
jenloiacono

Re: Drained

Post by jenloiacono »

Just re-read what I wrote.. And I guess this one of those "and both" situations my therapist is always pointing out to me. I guess I am allowed to feel both happy to have a job and be able to pay my bills while also feeling exhausted and drained and wanting something better.

I'm not always very good at seeing the "and both". I tend to see things in black and white, "this or that" terms.
sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
Murphy
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Rumination

Post by Murphy »

It's definitely a "both" situation from my perspective. Just because there are people with "worse" problems, doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to have any problems of your own.
Any care that keeps you from your feet is a care that carries your defeat
The Sleeper

Post by The Sleeper »

Oooh "both"! I'm glad you replied to and analyzed your own post because I have a lot of trouble with this concept also. I also hate my job but feel guilty for hating it. Good for you for getting a new one! I hope it is better!

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”