Have zero time

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
duck1

Have zero time

Post by duck1 »

I really want to write in lenght, but I will have to outline.

* my boss made a comment about my work that made me feel really bad, it is just before the weekend and it is always hard for me, because I just want to come back the next day and make a good impression.

* everything is so intense, task after task after task.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Have zero time

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hi duck! :D

Please take care. You are a good person - I can tell by your posts. You don't deserve to be made to feel powerless and inadequate. Please take care, cheers.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
weary

Post by weary »

I'm sorry to hear how your boss's comment made you feel. That is the worst.

So is the intensity you describe. Running on that treadmill and it keeps getting faster, right? If you're making the choice to do these tasks, in some way they must be worth something to you, so hopefully you can think of that when they are overwhelming you or pissing you off. Or if you can't figure out why they are worth doing to you, that may be the sign to stop doing them. Either way, I hope some of your efforts end up being rewarded with at least a little bit of calm and positive feelings soon.
duck1

Post by duck1 »

Thanks guys!

You helped me a lot :D

I guess it's this stage of building a carreer and raising our almost 3 year old.

The whining, demands, and tantrums are very stressful.

but I think the number one for me is lack of sleep, not much, but just maybe even 45 minutes a day would make a difference, and i don't know if that is possible, as I try to jog every other day.

thers is a change in my workplace ( a positive one), i am moving from working in 2 departments to one, and I have only a few more days with the boss from one of the departments (the one who made the comment that hurt me) , who up till now only praised my good work, so I do want to wrap up nicely, and that's stressful for me - the wrapping up nicely in a limited time. With the loss ends, the unfinished projects and so on.
weary

Post by weary »

whining, demands, and tantrums are very stressful.
I know, bosses suck, right? :D

I am chronically sleep deprived for years and I don't even have the legitimate excuse of having a little one as the cause. Forget 45 min - even 10-15 more can make a difference. A 5 min catnap in the car (not while driving :D ) or at your desk can, too. Do you jog morning, afternoon or evening? Is there a way to reshuffle when you do certain things that can buy you a little more rest, or are you pretty much locked into the only routine that works?

Being busy and overwhelmed sucks, but it also means that you're doing stuff, going places and you're not stuck. Sounds like a positive change at work, and I'm sure the challenges of a three year old are more than made up for by all the great parts of parenting. Hang in there, we're all cheering for you.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”