searching for gratitude

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Re: searching for gratitude

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Reporting back on my experience:
I don't know that I've made deeper connections this week, but every interaction I had over the gratitude week felt comfortable and joyous. I was comfortable being physically close to others and saw the good in everyone, even when I was saddened by some of their behaviour. In short, the effect (that I wasn't expecting), was that I felt part of the continuum of human beings, separate but also a part of.

I had higher energy, even when tired.

I don't know if I'll try to journal every day or have it in my toolbox. There are some theories that doing it daily brings diminishing returns, due to our love of novelty (and the chemical rush associated with it). Then there's the 3 months to make a habit theory. I will notice what happens over the next week.

Thanks for indulging me.
Heather
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the update! I'm so happy that your interactions have been joyous! Man, I wish I could feel as comfortable being with others and see the good in everyone. I'm trying! I think it's really good that you are on this path and I am so inspired to do so myself.

I truly believe that the positive feeling you give out into the world energizes you. I'm only a few days into doing this "experiment" and I've had people snub me when I would say hi to them, but I remind myself that they are just having a miserable day and it has nothing to do with me. :)

I'm really glad that we can do this together!!

Love,
Brooke
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Love having a buddy along, Brooke!
I was surprised that the gratitude translated into feeling safety around others, my biggest issue. I hope you find some surprising and delightful results as well. I look forward to any thoughts you're comfortable sharing!
Heather

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”