good things in bad times

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

good things in bad times

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

What are some good things happening in the midst of all this for you? For me:
-small businesses showing flexibility, courage and innovation by becoming completely new businesses! My local coffee shop has turned into a takeout taco place
-community support of essential workers. People are putting hearts, thanks you's and other messages in windows, trees, and on signs
-pajama/sweat pants culture. like school uniforms, we have all suddenly become equal in our dress and grooming
-my brother has been in touch more, replying to my emails. It's all I ever wanted
-my partner is doing a few renos. I'm putting a timecapsule in the wall with a newspaper and a bit of a diary entry. It's fun to imagine someone finding it in 30-50 years when they already know how the story turns out

Stay well.
Heather
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: good things in bad times

Post by manuel_moe_g »

This is such a great list, Heather!

I guess for me, it would be gratitude for things I usually take for granted, like food.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Heatherwantspeace

thanks, MM! I appreciate your contribution.
Right now my partner is on the phone with his son who he hasn't spoken to in 2 years (there have been texts). As Oak said, we have slid down Maslow's pyramid to the very core of our survival values. There is a lot to celebrate in that.
Heather
Heatherwantspeace

Has anyone found that their daily anxieties have all faded away? I have no brain space left for even my childhood traumas. In a twisted way, I have learned to live in the moment.
Heather
oak

Post by oak »

Good post, Heather. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been astonished at the good spirit of hourly grocery store workers. I am ashamed, instinctively, when I see their effortless nobility, and remember how we treat them, specifically how we pay them.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Heatherwantspeace

With the streets empty, my midnight walk to my car after my shift feels so safe. Tonight I listened to music on headphones as I strolled in the cool air, looking up at the full moon. A moment of pure peace that I never imagined would be possible.
Heather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QhAt3vXKM8
Heatherwantspeace

"Easter bunny confirmed as essential worker" "May need to substitute product as supply available" "may need to bring in local help"
This, of all things, brought a tear to my eye. If we can hold onto our small joys, there is room for hope.

I don't know about your corner of the world, but drive-by birthday celebrations (esp for 6 year olds) have become a thing here. All invited to honk and shout!

Hold fast.
Heather
Heatherwantspeace

We have become friends with the neighbour across the street, who generally keeps to themself. All by virtue of the time we're spending out front.
Heather
oak

Post by oak »

Both of those updates are lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”