October: GERD, SAD, and online TKD tournament.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

October: GERD, SAD, and online TKD tournament.

Post by oak »

Hi friends. It is my favorite time of the year: October! Something about the chilling air invigorates me.

Which is good, because I'm in a mess. A physical health and increasingly mental health mess.

Obesity is giving me sleep apnea and anxiety is giving me GERD.

I want to face GERD in October. And I want to compete in an online taekwando tournament.

I've also been smacked by Seasonal Affective Disorder. The days are getting shorter and colder.

Fortunately, facing SAD and TKD can help me face GERD, which is hell. GERD is a real threat to my mental health.

The Plan:

GERD: My primary care physician gave me a referral for an overnight, at-home assessment. Now that my apartment is no longer an embarrasment due to clutter, I can call to schedule such an assessment, and have the technician come to my apartment without shame. The idea of making this call fills me with anxiety.

SAD: This is pretty straightforward: using my beloved lightbox, and trying to get out for at least 10-20 minutes a day.

TKD tournament Oct 22: I'll being doing yellow belt poomsae (kata, or form) and nunchucks (don't worry, they're padded) of Taeguk Il Jang. Here is a talented brother doing poomsae il jang. He has a real fighting spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD1yQP_o5Bs

So I need to register online for the TKD tournament and call the apnea referral. More steps will follow, but for now that is plenty to try. 'll update as I demonstrate courage, however humbly.

My goals: to have the GERD having made progress, to have resolved the SAD, and to complete the taeguks on Oct 22.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: October: GERD, SAD, and online TKD tournament.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Good luck Oak. Congratulations on making your goals attainable and realistic.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”