4 x 4, what I am working on right now

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: 4 x 4, what I am working on right now

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Manny,

Since wasting food isn't really good, maybe try cutting whatever it is in half, and symbolically "throw it away" into a food storage bag?

And then congratulate yourself on your self control, and pleasantly imagine how good the rest will be when you decide to eat again...

(Forgive me if this seems presumptuous on my part, it's just a thought from someone who hasn't had struggles with food).

SD
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

I can confirm that there are times when it needs to go in the garbage, or it will be eaten.
When I get any fast food that includes fries, the first thing I do is throw half in the garbage. I've asked to just get half to begin with, but they can't do that.
Heather, who can never buy the thin mint oreos again.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

I've been doing a 9 minute RAIN meditation when I have a workday that leaves me struggling with feelings. It really helps me calm down and sleep. I like this one, especially the way she says "or if you're having a hard time". I can feel the empathy in her voice. It's available through her podcast too.
https://www.tarabrach.com/meditation-li ... ult-times/

Thanks, Manuel Moe, for bringing us along on your journey!
Heather
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Heather -

I'll check that out, thanks!
It's an "active" sort of meditation that I don't think I've tried.

Hello Manny -

Hmm, yes. Fast Food doesn't count.... Most *should* go into the garbage right away. (I thought you were talking about "normal" food). :lol:

And there's some high-tech bamboozling going on, especially with the fries. They can be addictive, but if you let them get cold and try to eat them, they're horrible, right?
oak

Post by oak »

Oh Snoring Dog, someday we’ll disagree about something. Today’s not the day:

Yes, the first fry is divine. The next few, outstanding. By about halfway through, not bad. I can hardly choke down the last few, cold and clammy, but I do.

Just like with French fries, what other ideas/thoughts/habits do I continue to consume, long after any pleasure is long gone?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

I just made a note in my journal to investigate RAIN and WOOP, so thank you Manuel Moe and Heather.

You're doing difficult emotional work, Manuel, and I'm glad that you're beginning to see some benefits.
manuel_moe_g
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

prayed for strength. i have been blessed with the will to carry on and improve, but so slowly. prayed to improve faster for sake of my wife and daughter.

my mom says my voice sounds profoundly depressed on the phone. i don't know what that means

got to improve WOOP for my over-eating
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Manny,

I guess your last post was rhetorical, about your mother's comment on how you sounded? So, not sure how to respond, but it feels like I should somehow...

She must know you pretty well, no? Do you talk with her often?

(Feel free to ignore...)

SD
manuel_moe_g
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello SnoringDog!

The comment from my mom about me sounding profoundly depressed... i am not sure how to process that remark of hers. i am on the autism spectrum, so there is a separation between "me" and "my feelings", if you know what i mean. so other people in my life can pick up on my unstable emotions even before i have a outburst.

i think i feel fine, i am a little worked up because of the usa president and the usa covid situation, but that is it; i wouldn't be surprised if there was more than that rattling around in my head

my mom might be projecting her own feelings upon me, that is a possibility

i wish i had all the answers, of course

another thing that i am feeling is that i am definitely feeling "less than"; i wish i was a robot that just followed its programming, but instead i have this jumble of thoughts and feelings that trip me up all the time, keep me from being productive
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

For feeling ‘less than‘, try these six magic words:

“I don’t want to do that“

It’s for all the times you didn’t get a choice. It’s for all the moments missing across today where a choice for you should be available.

Even if I have to still comply and go against myself. Even if I change my mind 5 minutes later. I say the six words. Just saying them gives you choosing power.

I thought of that when you raised ‘how to be productive’.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”