Attempting to leave the safe place

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Attempting to leave the safe place

Post by rivergirl »

I hope you'll forgive me for borrowing your theme, MM and Oak.

Today I feel like it's too late for my efforts to matter, and yet I will continue to make them, for what that's worth.

Today I set up a consultation to start small group workouts at a private gym. I'm going to attempt to talk to my bf today about the issues I have that will probably lead to our relationship ending.

I feel the opposite of brave in every area of my life.
oak

Re: Attempting to leave the safe place

Post by oak »

rivergirl wrote: April 9th, 2022, 8:28 am Today I set up a consultation to start small group workouts at a private gym.
https://media.giphy.com/media/UTT6QbG4EPOIE/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/Wmtm6YfkV3qXZXunxC/giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/ahDOY7XwxjNXW/giphy.gif

You are well on your way, my friend.

Though I don't mention it, having other crises, I do want to mention that I have 6+ months at the gym regularly, and here is the key, which they* told me my first week:

Put your shoes on.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jUo2y3xBb9QUBNkwLu/giphy.gif

That is literally it: show up, and put on your shoes.

If you make it to the class great. If not, that's good too. You put on your shoes.

Remember, RiverGirl: show up at the gym and put on your shoes. That's it.

Keep us posted.

* “They” being actual, current fitness professionals with decades of experience, and who are currently physically fit themselves. This is *not* idle talk. This is as serious as anything in the forum.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Rivergirl,

Thoughts inline

RG - Today I feel like it's too late for my efforts to matter, and yet I will continue to make them, for what that's worth.

SD - That's worth everything. Your tenacity is admirable. Don't underestimate yourself.

RG - Today I set up a consultation to start small group workouts at a private gym.

SD - That's great! It should help your mood. We are meant to move! (I'm planning on a return to the gym later this month myself. Just getting out today for a brisk walk did me good...).

RG - I'm going to attempt to talk to my bf today about the issues I have that will probably lead to our relationship ending.

SD - Wow, that's a tough one. But better to discuss things now than to be in limbo, right?

RG - I feel the opposite of brave in every area of my life.

SD - Feelings count, but not in this case. Your grappling with life's struggle shows how brave you are. Actions count!

I'm wishing the best for you. Put on your shoes and keep us posted! :banana-jumprope:
remarks
Issues: overeating, anxiety, seasonal depression, emotional incest
preferred pronoun: Hey You!

Post by remarks »

Sending you a virtual hug, Rivergirl. Sometimes the hardest things we have to do in life are thing we look back on later and are thankful we had the courage to do them. I hope these turn out that way for you.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you all. Your encouragement means a great deal to me.

Congratulations on six months at the gym, Oak. A big accomplishment. I'll use your shoe mantra as I start my new gym routine.

I'm glad to hear that you're planning to return to the gym, snoringdog. And thank you for all the kind words.

Virtual hug back to you, remarks. Your life is certainly evidence that making bold changes can lead to a better quality of life.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”