Harassed/threatened in street after work. Please check my thinking.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Harassed/threatened in street after work. Please check my thinking.

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

On Thursday after work I was walking to my car. The neighborhood is sketchy. It was broad daylight, and I was minding my own business.

As I've experienced before, a degenerate nearby was mumbling aggressive nonsense. He called me a slur. I was able to get away safely.

I am thinking it is time to find another job. Keep in mind my current position doesn't pay enough for many luxuries, and some months I have to choose between food and the electric bill.

Here is my thinking, friends:

1. It is time to find another job.

2. This should be second in time/resources/efforts to the final curing of my sleep apnea (I'd estimate I'm 50-75% of the way to curing my sleep apnea).

(Said another way: after taking action on sleep apnea, if I have any energy left, to spend it on a WFH job search.)

Am I wrong in these two principles? Am I missing anything, friends?

I do know this: I told my mental health counselor yesterday that if I had (1) $5K in savings and (2) a remote/WFH job offer, then I'd give my two week's notice tomorrow.

Edit to add: though this was a traumatic experience, I feel so much better writing this here. There is something deeply therapeutic for me to see it in black and white. Recovery and healing is so good.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Harassed/threatened in street after work. Please check my thinking.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Take care, Oak. You are prioritizing yourself, always good stuff to make us feel good. A fulfilled, happy Oak is on all of our wishlists.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”