The state of my morning today and general trends in my life

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

The state of my morning today and general trends in my life

Post by manuel_moe_g »

The morning went OK, not exactly as I had wished, I turned back on my Instagram and TikTok accounts, so far so good, Instagram is more addictive than I remembered. I use the smartphone activity restricting app called "Freedom" to turn off Instagram for a few hours on demand, and that helps. I am really feeling it that very important task are not getting done because I have limited productive hours every day for various reasons. But more than any other time in my life, I am giving myself grace and understanding and acknowledging my realistic & sustainable capabilities, and I have a plan that I am executing right now to grow in my capabilities in a reasonable and sustainable way. This gross in capabilities is being done in a very gradual way, but that is OK. Also, I am being self loving, honoring my inner children, hugging my huge stuffed animal squishies and listening to the musically tuned chimes
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: The state of my morning today and general trends in my life

Post by Mental Fairy »

I am forever grateful I never got those social media things.
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Post by troebia »

manuel_moe_g wrote: October 8th, 2024, 10:13 am Instagram is more addictive than I remembered. I use the smartphone activity restricting app called "Freedom" to turn off Instagram for a few hours on demand, and that helps.
Mental Fairy wrote: October 9th, 2024, 9:22 pm I am forever grateful I never got those social media things.
Wouldn't you both agree that it all depends on how you use it? Social media can be toxic, but through WhatsApp and Instagram I'm able to keep in touch with people who sketch and paint just like me, in their own small way. I now have a fairly "clean" personal account after months of blocking and un-liking a horde of women prancing in skimpy outfits, and also the hardcore manosphere crowd I used to sympathise with in my darkest moments. Facebook is a hot mess though, in my area it seems to be used basically for hookups, blatant frauds and adverts for spirituology practices.
"Most people are other people" — Oscar Wilde
"Those who dream of the possible will suffer the greatest disillusion" — Fernando Pessoa
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Troebia,

Of course you are right. So much positive and negative in "social" media.
As for Facebook, I never really understood the "Look at me, Look at ME!" aspect, but some people thrive on that.

A humorous quote about the Internet I saw recently -

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." — Robert Wilensky

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”