Knowing that my voice matters

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Knowing that my voice matters

Post by manuel_moe_g »

this came up in therapy session today: "Knowing that my voice matters"

sometimes i do things to discount my own voice around people that i love

will work on this next therapy session...

other things from today's session:

using R-A-I-N on "i feel like a failure because i am not getting enough done"

[*] R - Recognize, and not just in the moment, but also trying to recognize triggers

[*] A - Allow feeling in body, allow body to inform me

[*] I - Investigate where in my body i would like a different feeling, also Investigate strategies to make another way

[*] N - Nurturing and Kind message - say it in 3rd person point of view, say it in 2nd person point of view, say it in 1st person point of view, to really get it across

using R-A-I-N on "In the past I had the habitual tendency to have depressing thoughts/feelings, depressing meanings to things, depressed bodily affect"

Investigated and came up with strategy of using a changed bodily affect to change my feeling: body stance, relax the face, relaxation around the mouth, face tilted up, spine straighter, arms opened wide (acceptance),

Nurturing and Kind message: (in 2nd person here, but also say in 3rd person and 1st person) "It is alright, you got this, i love you, you are capable, you are not alone, I am here by you"
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Knowing that my voice matters

Post by Beany Boo »

I see this is a real hill climb and you are really doing it. I also see that you are loving yourself through the middle of it. Sometimes the only way is to stand where you are and respond as yourself.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Manny,

"....came up with strategy of using a changed bodily affect to change my feeling: body stance, relax the face, relaxation around the mouth, face tilted up, spine straighter, arms opened wide (acceptance),"

Good observation and plan. Why is it so easy to forget the mind-body connection? It's so easy to sit and stew and curl up and get absorbed in our thoughts like we're one of those "advanced" races in the old Star Trek series that are disembodied-brains-under-glass :lol:

I came across a quote in a psych book recently that said "Your brain is connected to a body, and it wants to use it!"

Breathing, stretching, and standing straight are such small things but they help!

Good luck!

SD
oak

Post by oak »

Agreed with BeanyBoo and SnoringDog.

Your voice does matter, and I hope you'll continue share your progress. We're here for you, supporting every step.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”