to-do lists and procrastination, other topics

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: to-do lists and procrastination, other topics

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Mental Fairy wrote: May 9th, 2022, 9:42 am How have you managed with the social anxiety?
the biggest change is that i realized that caring very very deeply about what other people think was not leading to good results with human connection, so i tried the opposite - trying to care very very little about what other people think, and i got much better results, because i wasn't dying in agony every moment. i have to admit, the part of my brain that cared about what other people think got overloaded and burned out, so i just don't have it in me any more to care that deeply.

i am still sad that human connections that other people make effortlessly can only be made by me with a lot of work and effort. but it is much better than it was 25 years ago when i was 25 years of age (i am 50 now)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Mental Fairy wrote: May 9th, 2022, 9:42 am In our country the testing for autism spectrum indemnification is so expensive with a waiting list longer than 2 years. Madness.
i am sad to hear this, i hope people can self-diagnose when they are on the autism spectrum so they can get <some> resources themselves to start the road to recovery (not really recovery, but management of a difficult situation, but you know what i mean)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

manuel_moe_g wrote: May 9th, 2022, 2:25 pm
Mental Fairy wrote: May 9th, 2022, 9:42 am How have you managed with the social anxiety?
the biggest change is that i realized that caring very very deeply about what other people think was not leading to good results with human connection, so i tried the opposite - trying to care very very little about what other people think, and i got much better results, because i wasn't dying in agony every moment. i have to admit, the part of my brain that cared about what other people think got overloaded and burned out, so i just don't have it in me any more to care that deeply.

i am still sad that human connections that other people make effortlessly can only be made by me with a lot of work and effort. but it is much better than it was 25 years ago when i was 25 years of age (i am 50 now)
Lightbulb moment

I’ve never ever really thought of it that way. Like never. Spending to much time caring about what others think is draining. It’s profound how you put this as it’s something I’m guilty of doing. Especially in my family. Duty of care and putting them first. A duty of putting my patients first and their well-being and not my own. Essentially ending up in burn out.
How to turn that thought down in one’s brain is somewhat difficult.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”