Relationship talk

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
MNyby

Re: Relationship talk

Post by MNyby »

And I hope you will allow me to offer another idea - - - wishing to be a better person is a very, very good thing. Always wanting to improve makes you a good human. It is when you start to think you are just fine and need no improvement that you are in trouble. Or maybe I could express it as you shouldn't allow yourself to become too content with who you are.

You sure don't want to be feeling low because you want to be a better person.

Well, just my thinking. It could be quite flawed.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you for your comments, MNyby. They helped me to realize that I was taking too much responsibility for how my boyfriend will feel as the relationship is ending. I don't want to behave in a way that causes him unnecessary pain, but I can't avoid a breakup just to save him from pain either. And I realize now that it doesn't make me bad that we have different needs.

I've considered changing my user name for the past few years, but haven't made the effort. It no longer feels appropriate if for no other reason just because I no longer feel like a "girl" of any sort. I think I originally chose the name because of the significance of a particular river in my previous life. I lived on the banks and swam, hiked, kayaked, and rafted nearly the entire length of the river over many years. The other reason for the name was a song that referred to a girl who "cried a river and drowned the whole world. I don't cry nearly as much any more although I may be even sadder now. Thank you for asking.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Rivergirl
I like your name as it makes me think of flow and continued movement forward.
oak

Post by oak »

RiverGirl!

I smiled with immediate recognition when you mentioned that song. And yes, while you may have identified with that song then, you have a come a long way. You are by no means a girl: you are handling a difficult life as a woman.

Also, if you’ll indulge me, I made a meme. Not poking fun at you, of course, but the song:

https://imgflip.com/i/6jl4uc
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you, Mental Fairy. I read your post while stuck in ER for 12 hours yesterday, and it comforted me. I'll try to remember to think of my username that way.
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

Our posts must have crossed, Oak. Thank you for the meme. It made me smile and not much else has in the past couple of days.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”