Mild, but persistent, hypochondria: 3 am consulting Dr. Reddit and Dr. Google.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Mild, but persistent, hypochondria: 3 am consulting Dr. Reddit and Dr. Google.

Post by oak »

While I suppose there may be some bleak humor (though I doubt it), I say the following with exhaustion rather than glee:

Throughout my adult life, I have diagnosed myself late at night with cancer (many times), multiple sclerosis (I was sure of this), innumerable heart attacks, and Parkinson’s.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mild, but persistent, hypochondria: 3 am consulting Dr. Reddit and Dr. Google.

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oh Oak, it’s a lot of fear and anxiety screaming through that post. What it boils down to is the fear of these medical concerns and being in time to catch them in a net. Even if you’re the one holding the net and not the doctor.

Just please understand that you are appreciated and cared for regardless.
oak

Re: Mild, but persistent, hypochondria: 3 am consulting Dr. Reddit and Dr. Google.

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: July 9th, 2023, 6:57 pm Oh Oak, it’s a lot of fear and anxiety screaming through that post.
Well said, Mental Fairy. Thank you.

The symptoms I had this weekend were real, and I very much felt anxiety.

There is more I'd like to say, but for now the above can suffice: this life is very difficult, and we can stick together.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”