Some things on my mind, this week.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Some things on my mind, this week.

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

This week I am taking some action, however modest, for important things to to me.

The main one, and probably the most grievous threat, is my obesity caused by too much pop.

For the third time in 2023, I am trying to wean myself slowly. Last time, a few months ago, was a true mishegas: I feel doom and hopelessness. I would not have believed it had it not happened to me, but I had flu-like symptoms!

Sugar is a powerful drug, and I’ve daily consumed vast amounts everyday for fifteen years.

I’m already 48 hours into reducing my consumption by 1/3. I already feel blah and listless and irritable. Sugar is so powerful.

I’m working on a few other things, which I’ll post about, and while they’re all worthy pursuits, none of them are more important (even combined) than reducing sugar.

Thanks for listening!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Some things on my mind, this week.

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Oak

One day at a time, your anxiety levels might go up also as you drop your consumption. If you could do this with alcohol then you can do this with sugar based drinks.
oak

Re: Some things on my mind, this week.

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: August 14th, 2023, 12:33 pm If you could do this with alcohol then you can do this with sugar based drinks.
Thanks, Mental Fairy!

Setting aside false modesty, this is a big deal for me to face.

Related brief story:

First thing morning I went in for my routine annual blood test (a panel?), and of course fasted 12 hours.

Not eating reminded me how powerful food is. HALT is 90% of my mental health.

We are very much human bodies. Brain chemistry, especially activated by food, is so powerful.

Bigger picture: I’m off work today, and pulling back from responsibilities: the world can spin for the next 24 hours without any input from me. I’ll be trying again for a better life in the morning, but I owe the world nothing for the rest of today.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”