Renouncing Self-Judgement to prevent Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Renouncing Self-Judgement to prevent Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Mental Fairy, thank you!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Renouncing Self-Judgement to prevent Procrastination, and Managing ADHD need for Dopamine throughout the Day

Post by snoringdog »

And talking back.
It’s possible the negative voice doesn’t really know you and doesn’t know what it is talking about.
Talking back at it, it doubts itself.
This has come up before, as a way to distance yourself from the voice.
Give it a name that's a little goofy to you, like Boris, or Karen, or Wilbur maybe. (Sorry to any readers with those names ;) )

Then say something like "Butting in again, Boris?". Or, "That's just ol Boris again" etc. etc.

It does work when I remember to do it. 8-)

https://lifehacker.com/give-your-negative-inner-voice-a-name-1833910237

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/shift/201504/3-ways-outsmart-your-inner-critic
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Boris!
IMG_6976.png
IMG_6976.png (39.01 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
Thanks, SnoringDog!
~~~~~~
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hehe oh this has ended my day well. I just saw the news and I don’t want to look at it again. I hope this get this shooter. Why oh why? It’s so senseless.
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Mental Fairy wrote: October 25th, 2023, 9:05 pm I just saw the news and I don’t want to look at it again. I hope this get this shooter. Why oh why? It’s so senseless.
i hate him so much

those people had their lights extinguished, and pain, pain, pain for the ones left behind
~~~~~~
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Just heard he's dead. That's good - he can't hurt anyone else.

In a perfect world, (that I wish to god existed..) this would never happen and he'd get the help he needed.

His personal mental illness, combined with the gun-worship mental-illness that exists in the United States "conspired" to make this happen.

More random horror in this freaking world!;

This has been my mental burden for so many years.

Shit.

Love to all. I mean that....

Damn. :?
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Thanks SnoringDog, for sending out that love

I felt it
~~~~~~
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Taking action on tasks - Emotional messages & visualizations

I have depression, ADHD, a tiny bit of Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA), sometimes I have energy crashes that really debilitate me, and I have anxiety over certain tasks that make me feel bad about myself which leads to very bad procrastination. I try to manage my mood with internet scrolling or smartphone scrolling. I get overwhelmed easily.

what follows is a list of important messages that I am trying to really feel as being true deep inside my subconscious mind:

(1) "I choose purpose over procrastination, action over inaction."
(2) "Each moment of focus is a brush stroke in the masterpiece of my day."
(3) "Breathe in focus, breathe out distraction."
(4) "I am the architect of my time; every choice lays a brick on the path to success."
(5) "Today, I conquer my distractions and nurture my dreams."
(6) "I replace habit with choice, routine with intention."

For each of these 6 important truths, give a relevant emotional message (or even an evocative phrase) and give a relevant visualization, please.

(I will contemplating deeply your output and it will help plant these truths deep into my subconscious. For your help, I will thank you.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ChatGPT's Output ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad to hear that you're taking proactive steps to address your challenges and improve your mental and emotional well-being. Embedding these important truths into your subconscious can be a powerful tool for change. Here are emotional messages and visualizations for each of your truths:

1. **"I choose purpose over procrastination, action over inaction."**
- Emotional Message: Feel the empowering surge of taking control, the joy of being in charge of your destiny.
- Visualization: Imagine yourself standing at a crossroads. One path is overgrown and foggy, symbolizing procrastination. The other is clear, sunny, and inviting, leading towards a horizon filled with opportunities. You take a confident step onto the clear path.

2. **"Each moment of focus is a brush stroke in the masterpiece of my day."**
- Emotional Message: Sense the fulfillment and pride in creating something beautiful and meaningful with your focus.
- Visualization: Picture yourself as a painter, each focused moment is a stroke of vibrant color on a canvas. Gradually, these strokes come together to form a breathtaking landscape, symbolizing the achievements of your day.

3. **"Breathe in focus, breathe out distraction."**
- Emotional Message: Feel the calmness and clarity that comes with each focused breath, pushing away the fog of distraction.
- Visualization: Visualize a gentle breeze, where each inhalation brings a gust of fresh, clear air (focus), and each exhalation dispels a cloud of smoke (distraction), gradually clearing the sky above you.

4. **"I am the architect of my time; every choice lays a brick on the path to success."**
- Emotional Message: Experience the sense of purpose and agency as you build your future, brick by brick, with your decisions.
- Visualization: See yourself laying bricks on a path. Each brick represents a choice, and as you lay them, they form a solid, steady path leading towards a grand structure in the distance, your personal symbol of success.

5. **"Today, I conquer my distractions and nurture my dreams."**
- Emotional Message: Feel the triumph over obstacles and the nurturing warmth towards your aspirations.
- Visualization: Imagine yourself as a gardener, pulling out weeds (distractions) to protect and nurture the growth of beautiful, flourishing plants (your dreams).

6. **"I replace habit with choice, routine with intention."**
- Emotional Message: Embrace the empowerment of deliberate action, feeling the shift from autopilot to mindful decision-making.
- Visualization: Envision yourself walking through a garden with two paths – one well-trodden but leading nowhere, the other less defined but filled with intention and leading towards a place of peace and accomplishment.

I hope these visualizations and emotional messages resonate with you and aid in your journey towards a more focused and fulfilling life. Remember, the power of change lies within you.
~~~~~~
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

manuel_moe_g wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 3:10 pm - Visualization: Envision yourself walking through a garden with two paths – one well-trodden but leading nowhere, the other less defined but filled with intention and leading towards a place of peace and accomplishment.
:lol: It's actually good advice, only creepy when you think it's coming from a machine! Therapists beware...

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”