ChatGPT suggestions in new year

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

ChatGPT suggestions in new year

Post by manuel_moe_g »

What ChatGPT recommended for daily practice in new year:
1. Practice self-compassion, you're doing your best. 2. Celebrate small steps and achievements. 3. Use your journal for gratitude and daily celebrations of accomplishments. 4. Try mindfulness to stay present and reduce overwhelm. 5. Plan your workday in manageable chunks. 6. Prioritize restful sleep for better energy. 7. Connect with friends for support. 8. Engage in activities you used to enjoy, even briefly. 9. Reflect on daily progress; every step matters. --- Remember, managing challenges is a journey. Be kind to yourself.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Re: ChatGPT suggestions in new year

Post by oak »

Manuel Moe, happy new year and thank you for sharing.

This is a great idea! Keep us posted.

Speaking of Chat GPT, I am in contact with a researcher about a pilot study of using Chat GPT in conjunction with Fitbit to promote healthy eating.

If it happens (you know these pilot studies are precarious), I’ll let you know how it goes!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Text I just sent my psychiatrist

Hello Doctor Redacted, I think I finally realized I am in a deep depression and have been for so long. I am not doing the things that used to bring me pleasure. But I am still effective because of all the techniques and wisdom I have collected, I didn’t recognize the truth. We should be serious about it
~~~~~~
oak

Post by oak »

Manuel Moe, well done for sending this message. It is clear, and a good place to start in the new year
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Recognition, Acceptance and investigation into your depression is so powerful. I’m pleased you posted. We are here for you
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

i had a longer prompt for chatGPT for my morning & evening-schedule/to-do-list, but chatGPT helped me tighten it up

"""

I struggle with depression, ADHD, mild Pathological Demand Avoidance, energy crashes, and anxiety leading to procrastination. I often resort to mindless internet and smartphone scrolling to manage my mood, and I'm prone to feeling overwhelmed. I experience 'revenge sleep procrastination', struggle with side-quest task-stacking due to ADHD, and find my self-control diminishes when I'm tired. I'm often hard on myself, lacking self-compassion.

To counter this, I'm focusing on positive attention growth, adopting a compassionate approach like I would with my daughter, emphasizing realistic growth over perfection. I'm shifting my focus to leveraging my strengths - flexibility, problem-solving, organizing complex thoughts, and resilience. Instead of obsessing over perfect productivity, I'm tracking consistent growth in my 'Manny Moe Book'. I'm also choosing to celebrate my achievements, however small, by recognizing that what I accomplish is a foundation for future growth, especially reflecting on them at day's end and start.

Now, for the task I need your assistance with...

Please create an early morning schedule for me, starting at 5:00 AM, based on the task list I'll provide. The list will include 'task number', 'task length in minutes', and 'task description', copied from Google Sheets. Schedule the tasks in the exact order they're listed. Additionally, for each task, include a brief motivational message or a relevant famous quote when appropriate.

Below is the task data from Google Sheets, including 'task number', 'task length in minutes', and 'task description'.

1 6 wake up a bit
2 12 let my dog Adora pee
3 5 open garden gates for gardeners
4 5 get oatmeal heated up
5 6 get my dog Adora food ready
6 4 feed my dog Adora
7 9 stretches and body movement
8 5 eat fruit
9 7 eat oatmeal
10 4 take medicine
11 4 put away dishes
12 8 wash dishes
13 24 plan a bit for today, tonight, tomorrow morning
14 3 boil water
15 6 brush teeth, and floss
16 7 get dressed
17 5 go to restroom
18 5 get minivan loaded
19 15 walk my dog Adora
20 8 drive to work

"""

my google spreadsheet with the task times is a complicated thing, relatively, i can go into it if there is interest, they main complication is a scaling factor to fit 100 minutes of tasks fit into a 50 minute bag, so to speak

anyway, here is the crazy little output from chatGPT, working hard to process my prompt

~~~~~~~~~~~

Creating an early morning schedule based on your specific needs and the task list you provided is a great way to structure your day for success, especially considering your focus on positive growth and self-compassion. Here's a schedule that starts at 5:00 AM and includes motivational messages or relevant quotes for each task:

1. **5:00 - 5:06 AM:** Wake up a bit.
- *“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha*

2. **5:06 - 5:18 AM:** Let my dog Adora pee.
- *“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras*

3. **5:18 - 5:23 AM:** Open garden gates for gardeners.
- *“Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and the soil and sky as canvas.” – Elizabeth Murray*

4. **5:23 - 5:28 AM:** Get oatmeal heated up.
- *“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis*

5. **5:28 - 5:34 AM:** Get my dog Adora's food ready.
- *“A dog is one of the few things in life that is as it seems.” – Mark J. Asher*

6. **5:34 - 5:38 AM:** Feed my dog Adora.
- *“The best therapist has fur and four legs.” – Anonymous*

7. **5:38 - 5:47 AM:** Stretches and body movement.
- *“Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.” – Carol Welch*

8. **5:47 - 5:52 AM:** Eat fruit.
- *“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” – François de La Rochefoucauld*

9. **5:52 - 5:59 AM:** Eat oatmeal.
- *“Health is not just about what you're eating. It's also about what you're thinking and saying.” – Unknown*

10. **5:59 - 6:03 AM:** Take medicine.
- *“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates*

11. **6:03 - 6:07 AM:** Put away dishes.
- *“The objective of cleaning is not just to clean, but to feel happiness living within that environment.” – Marie Kondo*

12. **6:07 - 6:15 AM:** Wash dishes.
- *“Cleaning and organizing is a practice not a project.” – Meagan Francis*

13. **6:15 - 6:39 AM:** Plan a bit for today, tonight, tomorrow morning.
- *“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry*

14. **6:39 - 6:42 AM:** Boil water.
- *“Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” – Mark Black*

15. **6:42 - 6:48 AM:** Brush teeth and floss.
- *“You don't have to brush all your teeth – just the ones you want to keep.” – Anonymous*

16. **6:48 - 6:55 AM:** Get dressed.
- *“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe*

17. **6:55 - 7:00 AM:** Go to restroom.
- *“Give yourself the same care & attention that you give to others and watch yourself bloom.” – The Sprouting Sunflower*

18. **7:00 - 7:05 AM:** Get minivan loaded.
- *“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain*

19. **7:05 - 7:20 AM:** Walk my dog Adora.
- *“A walk in nature walks the soul back home.” – Mary Davis*

20. **7:20 - 7:28 AM:** Drive to work.
- *“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer*

Remember, the aim is consistent progress, not perfection. This schedule reflects your commitment to self-care and growth, allowing for flexibility and self-compassion. Each day is a new opportunity to build on the foundation of your achievements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

oh yeah, i have a "manny moe book" that i put my daily small efforts/successes and gratitudes, removable pages and such

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B42MB1CM

Yoment 2 Pack Discbound Notebook Customizable Spiral Journal Refillable 5 Subject Notebook with Removable Pages 120 Wide Ruled Disc Planner
4.4 out of 5 stars — 369 ratings | 25 answered questions
50+ bought in past month
$25.95 ($12.98 / Count)
~~~~~~
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

going to add this to my chatGPT prompt preamble:

There is a part of the brain called the “anterior midcingulate cortex”. It can be thought as the seat in the brain of the "will to live" and the seat of the ability to choose to do uncomfortable and painful things - you build it up by daily doing things you definitely don’t want to do. The “don’t want to do” part is the important thing, so even as your capability grows, you will want to keep up the daily discipline of pushing things further and further into the zone where you have to choose to be uncomfortable, maybe very uncomfortable.

i heard about the “anterior midcingulate cortex” here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84dYijIpWjQ

"How to Build Willpower | David Goggins & Dr. Andrew Huberman"
~~~~~~
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

and also...

Also use the technique of "what did i fail at today"? Because I want to readjust my relationship with failure - I want failure to be my friend.
~~~~~~
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Asked ChatGPT for advice specific to today, specific to this morning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Focusing on the top three strategies for both home and work settings can help streamline your morning routine, enhancing productivity and reducing overwhelm. Here's a breakdown for each environment:

### At Home in the Morning:
1. **Structured Routine**:
- Establish a consistent morning routine. This might include a healthy breakfast, a brief mindfulness or meditation practice, and reviewing your plan for the day. Consistency helps in building a habit and reduces the mental load of decision-making.

2. **Prioritization and Planning**:
- Start by identifying the most important tasks for the day. Use a simple method like the 'Manny Moe Book' to jot down these priorities. This helps in focusing your attention and ensures that you address the most critical tasks.

3. **Mindful Start**:
- Engage in a short mindfulness practice or a positive affirmation exercise. This can set a positive tone for the day, reduce morning anxiety, and increase your focus. It's also a way to practice self-compassion and prepare mentally for the day ahead.

### At Work in the Morning:
1. **Focused First Task**:
- Begin with a clear, manageable task. Tackling and completing a task early can give you a sense of accomplishment and momentum. Avoid starting with tasks that are too complex or overwhelming.

2. **Limit Distractions**:
- At the start of your workday, minimize distractions. This might mean turning off non-essential notifications on your phone or computer, and setting a specific time later for checking emails or messages.

3. **Time Management**:
- Use time-blocking techniques. Allocate specific time slots for different tasks, including short breaks. This helps in maintaining focus and ensures that you are not spending too much time on any one task.

Implementing these strategies consistently can help in managing your ADHD and anxiety symptoms, making your mornings more productive and less overwhelming. Remember, the key is consistency and self-compassion. Small, consistent steps lead to significant changes over time.
~~~~~~

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”