Infertility

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
megaman
Issues: mild depression, anxiety, infertility
preferred pronoun: she, her

Infertility

Post by megaman »

I have struggled with infertility for over a year and am struggling with related depression. I wanted to start this topic in case there is anyone else who is or has struggled with infertility and has any encouraging words.
I know I'm not alone in this, but I feel so very alone. Each month being reminded that something is wrong, but not knowing what it is or how to fix it or why it's happening to me and my husband.
Crazy Camper
Issues: Bipolar
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Infertility

Post by Crazy Camper »

My wife and I have also travelled the infertility path, so we shared the frustrations and depression of figuring out what was wrong and eventually going through treatments that were initially unsuccessful and finally successful. We're now over 5 years down the path of parenting twins, which puts us in a different part of the journey than you, but you are definitely *not* alone. When we were closer to where you are now, we found a lot of comfort, support, and practical information in an online forum much like this one, but specializing in infertility, so there were thousands of people in the same situation, all sharing the kinds of stories and feelings that you bring up here. I wouldn't wan to discourage additional responses from anyone who sees your post and feels like talking, but given the somewhat specialized nature of your issue, you might find more of the kind of discussion you're looking for at one of those specialized forums. They have sub-forums for different kinds of infertility, different kinds of treatments, and even different feelings that may come up, so it's a great place to go to not feel alone. I know there's more than one good infertility community out there, but the one we were active at is http://fertility.org (formerly "Fertility Community").

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”