Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by Mental Fairy »

Haha thankfully we don’t have to go anywhere on Christmas Day. It’s just all the consistent declines I keep giving out makes me feel bad!

They brought a special fridge for me at work, will take a pic tomorrow and give you a laugh.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Looking forward to it, Mental Fairy! 😁
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Our fridge used to be tiny! Now I have a big fridge and the entire top shelf to myself! And the top of the fridge! The benefit of this is I never have to pack any food or wash dishes!
Attachments
IMG_3509.jpeg
IMG_3509.jpeg (167.58 KiB) Viewed 20175 times
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Outstanding!

wow, work did that special for you?!?

you are so special!
~~~~~~
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Very little sleep last night. Not ideal recharge for this vessel of mine.

Awoken to a duck quacking outside window at 4:30am. Cat tapping on the window trying to wake me up more so she could go for a walk outside. Matt sneezing thanks to hey fever and a full bladder I wish the body would absorb so I didn’t have to get up.

Once upon a time I would bounce out of bed like a rabbit ready to go go go. Now I lay there begging for more sleep!

Today is a big work day and late night as we have our Christmas work dinner. We are going to a restaurant called arranged marriage! Of all names to call a restaurant, like really!
I’m going to have to be so careful what I eat. Cross fingers and hope for the best. I might have to arrange for an early divorce from the place if there is nothing safe to eat.

Joes on night shift so house is very quiet. I feel rather guilty for feeling happy about it. I absolutely love being on my own. I feel more comfortable being alone at home, more myself. Does anyone feel that way in their relationships?

Better get into the shower and do some yoga, find a way to channel some energy. Some days are better off spent in bed.
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

Mental Fairy wrote: November 29th, 2023, 8:24 am I absolutely love being on my own. I feel more comfortable being alone at home, more myself. Does anyone feel that way in their relationships?
Absolutely, but there are other times I thank the heavens for having a steady hand to hold, like lately when my brain has been in an altered state.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hello my beautiful people
Today is somber. We had our meal for work last night. Let’s just say it was pleasant company. My phone was turned to silent and missed 18 calls and multiple messages. My brother (who is the nice one and supportive one )found his father in law deceased last night. Suspected heart attack. My beautiful niece and nephew have lost their one and only grandad. There is a private funeral of just us tomorrow morning at 10am at local crematorium. Let’s just say my heart aches and eyes are sore.

May Ray rest in peace.

I feel nervous about attending funeral.
manuel_moe_g

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Please take care, Mental Fairy

heavy time on your heart
~~~~~~
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi My People

Been a busy three days. Funeral was beautiful, private and small. 20 max people. Did not make public till today. I’m sure there will be some annoyed people out there. My beautiful nephew and niece played the piano and cornet. Songs were Yesterday by The Beatles & I did it my way by Frank Sinatra.

I managed a run on Sunday which was nice but hard. Today I’m absolutely exhausted. I woke up this morning and had my shake and had to go back to bed to sleep another hour. I never ever ever do that. Forced myself up and cooked for the boys and noted my neighbour is on her own as husband is back on the oil rigs so I made her lasagna for dinner.

Mentally all I wanted to do was go for another run as my body did it yesterday. Today was an absolute right off. However, yesterday was raining and foggy and we all know that’s my happy place weather!

My interview for mindset podcast is this coming Saturday. I am not sure if I should make some notes about how I have got this far or just wing it. I know for a fact I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for you all and MM for his kind acceptance of me when I posted for the first time. That single post changes my trajectory of life. I will be forever grateful for you all.

There is so much I need to type, bloody cat wants her dinner.

Hugs to all.
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

Mental Fairy wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 10:23 pm I am not sure if I should make some notes about how I have got this far or just wing it.
If you have time, it's probably a good idea to write a sheet with some talking points and have it on the table in front of you during the recording. You don't have to look at it if you don't need to.

I was at wake yesterday, a friend's mother had died of old age. And last week another friend's mother had died. The family irradiated grief but also relief since the suffering was over.

Return to “PTSD”