Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by Mental Fairy »

Donya, so proud
Attachments
IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg (252.38 KiB) Viewed 875 times
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Coming down
Attachments
IMG_3814.jpeg
IMG_3814.jpeg (220.21 KiB) Viewed 875 times
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Post by troebia »

Nice pics! :D

Just noticed that the latest BBC Arts & Ideas podcast is about Iris Murdoch:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0h95t3m
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Team

How is everyone? so so glad to see rivergirl popping by. Gave me a warm fuzzy!

It’s Wednesday, day after Waitangi Day. Tensions high all over the place, I wish this day didn’t cause so much trouble every year and everyone got along. Flags flying, people doing all sorts of strange things to demand attention from either the Māori side or pakeha side of generational trauma and divide.

I biked to work today to keep the body moving and keep moving forward. Donya is part of the gym next to my work and is trying to get me to go also. I am in two minds. I like the idea in some ways as it might force me to break out of my shell a bit, plus they have massage chairs!!! I will maybe swing by after work and see what it’s all about. I’m not sure why but I’m so incredibly proud to actually have a friend to do stuff with that actually understands my quirks. I guess hers are so similar to mine it just works well.

Since the climb on Monday I have discovered my suntan lotion has expired, I am trying really hard not to inject my entire body in local anaesthetic to stop the pain!

Been asked to help out on the mountain but I can’t commit to anything as I work weekends and like the freedom to come and go. Plus I don’t want to be climbing to check on hut supplies and fire wood levels.

Hanging out for autumn, the colours of the leaves can’t change fast enough.

Just wanted to check in and say hi team and thinking of you all.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

This is the very best kind of update! Thank you Mental Fairy!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Mental Fairy,

Quite a long article on Wikipedia about Waitangi Day. So much to learn about NZ!

It's cold and overcast here, just how you like it ;)
I'm keeping tabs on my brother in Cal. with the heavy rains. Some of the flooding and the mudslides are awful. Can't imagine my house sliding down a hillside. Wow.

You may like the gym, having someone to go with. It's been a few months for me, being busy, and a little afraid of getting Covid or even maybe a cold during the winter months. A few work colleagues have had second go-rounds, so no thanks. Been taking brisk walks in the meantime.

Be well! (I have your podcast cued up BTW. Looking forward to pearls of wisdom ;) )
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Team

Tuesday here and feeling a little deflated.

Weekend was an adventure. Haven’t geocached in a while, was nice to do something with Donya’s kids and show them different parts of the woodlands around our area. Got home and fell asleep on the bed, only to be woken by Joe pulling my toe telling me drunken uncle was there. Immediately I got septic and angry. I made my way to the kitchen, got myself a cuppa of tea and sat in the corner listening to him repeat himself time and time again. One thing I have noticed is for about a month now he has not brought a beer with him. I don’t have alcohol in the house so he can’t raid us. Don’t know if he loads up on beer before he comes along, it’s hard to tell. His many years of drinking has done enough damage to make it difficult to detect if he’s been drinking or not.

I did have to pull the pin on contact with my old climbing partner. It didn’t feel right. Being endlessly asked to climb again and forever communicating with me felt wrong. He got rather angry and did come into the surgery to see me face to face, but I just sent him away and said “no more communication please.” I don’t want to put my life on the line for him, or others. If I go up there like I did the other day, it is just for a walk or some fun hikes with friends or myself. Not for life in danger stuff anymore. Felt better letting that part of my world go.

We have had three earthquakes over the past 24 hours which have rattled our cages a bit. Hate them.

Still don’t know if to join the gym or not. Joes running now and losing his weight. Nice to see. Got a good weights system at home for him. I would rather just do stuff at home than in a gym. The thought of people flip me out a bit.

Do you ever look at your hands and wonder when all those wrinkles appeared? I just did and freaked myself out!

Better get back to work.

Hang in there everyone.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

look at your hands
By coincidence, just noticed that today.... They look older than I feel. ;)
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

I agree! It’s like the hands don’t match the body!
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi team
Has anyone watched The Bikes of Wrath?

Return to “PTSD”