Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by snoringdog »

BTW - Here's a site with stories that might lift you a little bit.

https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/kitten-escapes-crate-at-hospital-to-cuddle-with-sick-dog
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi SD

Yes I have had it before, way back in 2015. A lot of it is triggered with negative thoughts and I know exactly when it started. It’s just incredibly soul sucking and mind numbing.

It will lift, just needs time and sleep.

Thank you for the link, was very needed.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Came home early today, dinner was cooking in the slow cooker, cut some carrots, made some cheese sauce and steaming some peas. I found a new yoga video on you tube and allowed myself to let go on the mat. The tension in my shoulders and neck is incredible. While laying in these once easy, now not so much poses, my fur baby came and laid next to me on the mat. Each time I turned away from her she would switch sides. 360 degrees later we sat up and looked at each other. She looked at me as if to say ‘get your shit together women………’
Then we both laid back down on the mat and almost fell asleep.

Gosh I do admire unconditional love.
oak

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 9:16 pm Gosh I do admire unconditional love.
We give you unconditional support and respect!

Also, and I don’t mean in any way to make light of your difficulties, may I offer you a website link that might make you smile?

I am not much of a runner, but I love stories of the lengths people will go to cheat at running races. I know you’re a runner, so here goes:

Here is an iconic New Yorker article about a dentist who created a fake marathon (among many other indignities he heaped upon himself):

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/08/06/marathon-man

Well worth a read!

There is also an entire website dedicated to catching cheaters:

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/

Enjoy!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oak, you’re on my wavelength. Just this weekend I was watching a documentary about the lady that cheated on the New York marathon. Thank you for this. Two minds think alike.

Today I feel a little better, this last Debbie downer was horrid. There was a point I became super worried and very anxious. Panic attack x 3. I wish I had a way of lifting this feeling but it’s very heavy.

What I have noted is I store my stress in my shoulder and neck. I store my hope in my parts of my brain that I sometimes find hard to locate.
This was a scary few weeks.

I did write down today the things I find enjoyable and what give me that feeling of happiness. The list was predictable but also felt odd writing it as I had options over this past weeks to partake in the list to try pick me up but my brain told me they were all worthless and no point trying. Madness
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi team

Rebooked myself into cold therapy training in May. Two days of mindfulness, acupuncture, breathing exercises and ice bath training.

I’m at a loss at what else to do with myself. I enjoyed, benefited by the last class I attended. I am going to attempt again.

I was meant to have abdominal scans and bloods yesterday to make sure all is ok, I chickened out. Can’t bring myself to do it.

Long weekend this weekend, four days off. Bring it on.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

thinking about you, Mental Fairy

glad to hear you will do ice bath again

glad to hear you will enjoy a 4 day weekend

sending all blessings to you over the internet wire
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Thank you MM

Onwards and upwards.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Family

Well I have bitten the bullet as they say, agreed to do my pelvis health check yesterday and as discovered I have a pelvis full of internal varicose veins, my uterus is twice the size of most and I have inflamed organs thanks to the Crohn’s. I’m high on the list for blood clots and around 10 years away from menopause!

So you all have ten more years until I really go nuts. I’ll give you all a head start to start running!

Awoke this morning feeling somewhat embarrassed but hey we all have bodies and body parts. Was nice to be reminded of what being one of our own patients feels like. It is Good Friday here and I’ve spent a good part of the morning in the wind chasing falling leaves around the garden in an attempt to muster up some energy. We have feijoas dropping off the trees daily. There is a 70+ year old tree on our property that feeds many people every season. Kids from local schools come to fill their school bags and some sell a bag for $1 to fund raise for their toy of the year.

Come back inside as the wind is driving us all batty. All I feel like doing is blobbing out. Will go for a walk later maybe.

I do feel like I’ve turned a corner in a way. The down and out feeling I was having was far worse than I have had before. Was a bit scary there for a bit. What really impressed me was how tired you feel when you’re low. All I wanted to do was hide under the bed. For the first time ever the boys had more energy than I did. That never happens.

Better go and make a start of tonight’s dinner.

Mental hugs to all. I hope you’re all ok.
oak

Post by oak »

Thank you for sharing, Mental Fairy.

I’m glad things are a little better.

Keep us posted!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “PTSD”