Meds

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
anymomentinthewoods
Issues: bipolar disorder II, OCD, anxiety, depression, loneliness
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Meds

Post by anymomentinthewoods »

Trileptal, 600 mg in the morning, 600 mg at night
Risperidone, 2 mg at night
infpeace

Post by infpeace »

1000 mg Depakote
500 mg Welbutrin
40 mg Prozac

I think that's right.
IncorrigibleMinx

Post by IncorrigibleMinx »

Lamictal 50mg (just started recently, and lied to the doctor when he asked if I was ready to increase. I know I should, but I'm afraid of being medicated)
Trazodone 50mg as needed to sleep (the lamictal has been giving me trippy lucid dreams. Anyone else have that problem?)
HighOnHotSauce
Issues: Bipolar Type 1
PTSD
preferred pronoun: he

Post by HighOnHotSauce »

1200mg. of Lithium (600mg in the morning and 600mg at night)_
2mg. of Risperidone (take more as needed when I start going without sleep and revving up into mania)

These drugs have saved my life!!!!
Mads
Issues: Depression, anxiety
preferred pronoun: She/Her

Post by Mads »

A lot of people are on Lamictal! That's the first med they ever tried on me and it gave me the rash. Has anyone tried Lexapro? I know they don't recommend SSRIs for bipolar, but I'm already on Abilify, clonazopam, and Adderall and my depression is coming back.
chromosomebrad
Issues: Bipolar Disorder; Panic Disorder
preferred pronoun: He

Post by chromosomebrad »

150mg zoloft
500mg depakote
2mg klonopin

Working hard to get off the klonopin but my psychiatrist would like to reduce zoloft first because it seems to be triggering the hypomania. I also started therapy again with a psychologist I really like. Still pretty concerned about the high klonopin doseage but both doctors know and I trust their judgement so I guess its just gonna be a slow process.
"We Follow The Earth
The Earth Follows The Stars
The Stars Know Their Way"
-Neurosis
Bipolar1too
Issues: Bipolar 1
Anorexia
Binge Eating Disorder
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Bipolar1too »

Lamictal - only 100mg per day now as being slowly cut down
Lithium 900mg per day - don't believe this has had much of an affect.
Serequel 200mg per day -
Baclofen 20mg - this is for an unrelated neurological issue

My psychiatrist with much explanation to her carefully considered decision had put me on lamictal as a partner to the Lithium I was already taking, unfortunately neither seemed to have much of an effect. Episodes of depression were the same intensity and I ended up with a full blown manic episode that put me in hospital where all they did was whinge about my psychiatrist putting me on Lamictal and told me to stop taking it (slowly) and put me on Serequel but this has caused 30kg of weight gain over 6mnths and they want to increase the dose :o :(
BiggieSmalley
Issues: Bipolar 2, PTSD, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: He

Post by BiggieSmalley »

Duloxetine DR 60mg 1x daily
Risperidone 0.5mg 2x daily
Risperidone 2mg at Bedtime
Lamotrigine 150mg 1x daily
Lorazepam 1mg 3x daily
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've only been on meds for about a month, the psych gave me 2.5 mg of resperidone first which completely mellowed me out, I laughed at kitchen appliances for three days. I was feeling super foggy though and it freaked me out so I recently switched to Lamotrigine and I'm working up to 100 mg. The switch was hard because I was in a big downswing and the Resperidone was helping more than I thought but it's starting to even out now. I'm feeling more coherent than last time. The positive messages about Lamotrigine on this thread give me some hope.

I'm still having some anxiety about being on meds at all. My family doesn't know because they would react really badly and I know it's for the best but I don't like keeping secrets. I've had friends in the past who took meds and I didn't judge them at all but I'm having a hard time extending that compassion to myself. The thought of being reliant on medication for the rest of my life is terrifying to me. I guess I'll get used to it.
rc409
Issues: Suicide, bi polar, depression, addiction
preferred pronoun: he

Post by rc409 »

Ziggy, I felt the same way when I went on mine 3yrs ago. Its embarrassing, and sounds weak. Like we cant handle life ourselves. Then you start feeling better and think, STFU to anyone who doesn't get it, I'm finally ok! And thats th ebottom line.

After a few months, someone sad, "WOW! You look great, and I've never seen you so..."

That was the opportunity to answer back with 'Heres what happened, and I'm now talking this medicine....."

When everyone sees you doing well, and you try to talk about it, be prepared for 'a lot of ...Hey, whatever works for you....

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”