Need advice for cognitive behavior therapy!

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
tamekajin

Need advice for cognitive behavior therapy!

Post by tamekajin »

Hey! my brother is 25 years old. He has serious anger issues. I am so afraid to go near him because he shouts at me and beats me whenever he gets angry. He often outburst in anger at my parents. My brother is a graduate but he lost his job due to this behavior. He was not like this before. He was a very loving and caring person and I loved him very much. I have no idea about what had changed his behavior like this. I have tried many ways to calm him down but all was in vain. He lost his friends because of his anger. I think that he is in depression these days. When I discussed this with my friend, he suggested taking him to a clinic in Toronto for a cognitive behavior therapy. I really want to take him there. But I don't know how to convince him. Before that, I want to know the details about the therapy. Is there anyone here who had undergone such a therapy before? Please share your experience and the details of the therapy. Thanks in advance!
Jt1213

Re: Need advice for cognitive behavior therapy!

Post by Jt1213 »

Cognitive behavioral therapy(CBT) is one of the most common types of therapy. It would be a great idea to try out therapy but know CBT might not be the right fit. So I would tell him to go. The therapist will do an intake(ask a bunch of background information and get to know him) and proceed with treatment from there. If he is a danger to those around him he needs to be admitted to the hospital..

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”