Should i or not?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
CoQ10

Should i or not?

Post by CoQ10 »

Hello, I have had a nightmare time off and I dont know for sure but is it better to go to work or not? My doctor will be letting me know what he thinks tomorrow I guess, otherwise I pretty much have to go back Tuesday. My issues are depression, confusion about much of life, loneliness, stress, and a terminally ill family member that won't fight back to live. I don't know how much I can handle. Or even want to handle if I had to go back. What would u say to your Doctor? Any advice?would you just go back? Depressed is hardly the right word sometimes
Thank you
C
cpa85

Re: Should i or not?

Post by cpa85 »

Is the work itself a source of stress or is it just a fear of getting back into the swing?

I've missed work with anxiety/depression a couple times, and despite the looming fears about returning, I found it very helpful. It feels nice to get a nice, normal day under your belt after a bad spell. It's also helpful if you're comfortable enough with your co-workers to talk about it a little. Obviously you don't want to spill it all out and make it a therapy session, but I've found that a lot of people are very supportive, understanding, and even have a little experience with emotional problems themselves.
lattejunkie

Post by lattejunkie »

I agree with cpa85. Sometimes going to work can be a nice distraction IF your work isn't really stressful.
If you feel like it's too much to handle you might be able to claim Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and that will protect you for 12 weeks of unpaid leave, and job protection.
Check out this link for the info on FMLA: http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/fmla.htm
CoQ10

Post by CoQ10 »

Thank you
cpa85 and lattejunkie
Work IS a source of stress, and I am not handling
home and work issues at all well, constant struggle.
I am hoping to get free therapy in a short time. I get
paid 75% of my salary so it is okay I guess in that sense
I do miss it sometimes for sure but right now I feel like I need time off I haven't
had that in a long time been taking care of my husband.
not me.
My co workers probably can't stand me by now being short staffed but
why should I have to worry about that too
Like I said my Mother in law is terminally ill on top of the other issues I have..
I am basically saying I cannot talk to people there any longer its too much bad blood
Thanks for listening I appreciate that!
C

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”