Bipolar?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Wretched

Bipolar?

Post by Wretched »

I never really paid too much attention to my mood (I was just moody) up until around seven or eight months ago. I began to feel depressed and irritable for up to a few weeks at a time. It got so bad I started to self harm and thought seriously about suicide more than once. Every once in a while, though, I'd have these slightly shorter periods where my mood would skyrocket. I'd become more productive and alert and extremely energetic, dancing in the kitchen and making pudding because I could. I put off some things and I knew there would be consequences but I didn't really care. I'm in the middle of one of these higher periods right now, enjoying it because I know I can spiral downhill at the drop of a hat. I did some searching online and was wondering if anyone suspects bipolar too? Something else? Or am I just slapping labels on myself? Thanks :]
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Bipolar?

Post by manuel_moe_g »

It sounds like bipolar, but I am not a professional. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: 8-)

The labels and the diagnoses are there to help us, not to depersonalize us. As long as the label helps you cope and lets you be fulfilled and accomplished, then the label is serving its purpose.

Welcome to the forum, Wretched, hope to see you in the threads here. Take care, we here are cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow! :D :D :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Depression - BiPolar”