Friend was recently diagnosed

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Jamous

Re: Friend was recently diagnosed

Post by Jamous »

Ether667-
Curious if any of those traits sounded/looked familiar? If you'd prefer not to discuss, that's fine too. :P -Jamous-
ether667

Post by ether667 »

My apologies! Those qualities are DEFINITELY who my friend is, though not so much my ex wife. She hadn't really many moments of enthusiasm or excitement. I think now I'm more convinced she was more of a narcissist with the possibility of being an undiagnosed sociopath. The thing she does very well is to portray this image of herself that's sweet and innocent, mostly harmless. Being married to her however was like all of the bullies from my school days, except with the mindf*ck element where somehow I'm made to believe I was the bad guy. She even detested the fact that I was very sensitive to the feelings of others.

A separate thread about my ex wife would be more appropriate though, as I have novels to tell about that ordeal. :lol: :D

As for my friend, she is totally wonderful! :)
Jamous

Post by Jamous »

Ether667-
Your post made me smile. It's miserable (to say the least) to be in a relationship with someone that makes you feel like everything is your fault and that you're a bad person. I've had a few of those BFs. They were so great at cheating and then making ME feel bad for 'not trusting them' or 'thinking that they'd cheat'... but low and behold- CHEATERS! I hate the fact that they made me question myself- my thoughts, feelings, everything. Grrr. :x
ScottMentalPod

Post by ScottMentalPod »

Jamous post about BPD Pros and Cons was life changing! After many years of marriage I FINALLY now understand my wife! She makes complete sense now. Thank you!
ether667

Post by ether667 »

Jamous- I'm glad I could make you smile!! You smiling made me smile! :D lol

I'm sorry to hear about your exes and what they did. It's funny how generally well meaning people end up not only in relationships with toxic people, but also allow them to have power over us when we (and anyone for that matter) can see clearly that they were just horrible and abusive. There's always this piece within me that feels like I somehow 'messed up' so I was deserving of the treatment, even though I shouldn't have even a modicum of guilt.

Also apologies for being detached lately and not posting right away. (again with the apologies! oi... lol) I feel that part of my severe depression/anxiety sickness is that I don't keep up with things enough and forget, put stuff off until last minute, no matter what the occasion is.

ScottMentalPod- That's great! I had such a similar revelation with my friend as well and now I can better understand her social signals and inflections! It's such a relief huh? :)

Return to “Borderline Personality Disorder/Emotional Disregulation Disorder”