36 Questions by Dr. Aron

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Sherlock
Issues: Depression, anxiety, psychotic break trauma
preferred pronoun: They

36 Questions by Dr. Aron

Post by Sherlock »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashi ... pe=article

Just thought I'd throw this out there and see everyone's reactions. Potentially triggering if you're a victim of recent unrequited love (like myself) or break up, or if are a sex/love addict.

Personally for me it totally makes me want to try this out... unfortunately I don't have a partner to do it with that I'd want to, or who would possibly be willing. That would probably be the problem, wouldn't it. :lol: Also bugs me that they note the original couple got married six months later but do not mention how well it panned out, or that it was conducted several times by several different types of varying participants (which should be included in a research study, I should think).

Other than that I like the idea of just being honest and vulnerable and also connected and engaged; we really lack that in a lot of our social interactions. The idea that it could also work to better foster platonic relationships appeals to me--it's like you can't lose just by trying it out.

Hope it doesn't make anyone depressed; I was a little miffed when I saw two of my best friend's ex-crushes/boyfriends (VERY hard to tell with that woman...) had liked the article (and are currently in a relationship themselves) but still, I do like the overall concept and thought it was interesting enough to share here.

Of course this doesn't have to do with sexuality... but for those of us, like myself, who rate romance on equal or higher level than sexuality, it absolutely does have to do with sexuality--it has to do with emotional/interpersonal intimacy, something a lot of us truly crave.
I'll stay a threat/Stay a raised fist offender/My rebel soul/Will never surrender
Silentbutdeadly
Issues: Acoa, emoti incest, sibling schizoph and suicide, divorce, hpv. In that order.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: 36 Questions by Dr. Aron

Post by Silentbutdeadly »

Fantastic. Reminds me of that time I dated someone for 4 years and did a face to face exercise with her UN couples therapy answering questions and baring our souks. I for the first time a. felt completely vulnerable with her on all sides and b. realized how incompatible we were. I wish we had taken this 39 question intimacy test and both had the honesty to answer on day 1.

Return to “Sexuality”