Feeling desire again, finally!

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Leebeeboo

Feeling desire again, finally!

Post by Leebeeboo »

Yesterday morning, for the first time in YEARS, I actually woke up horny. It was a shock. Unfortunately for me, the kids were up and hubs was attending to them. I masturbated, and took great pleasure in informing my husband about it (whispered in his ear in the kitchen so the kids didn't hear, of course). My libido has been pretty much non-existant for the last few years, and although I'm still having sex regularly, it isn't particularly exciting for me. We had amazing sex last night, and I had actually been looking forward to it all day.

I've been ramped up to the full dose of Wellbutrin (300 mg) by my new psych, and I haven't even been at the dose for a week at this point. I don't want to be too optimistic, but I can't help but feel that this is a gigantic sign that this damned long-term severe depression may actually be lifting. It's funny how a few orgasms can change your outlook. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll continue to see a positive change, not only in my libido, but my mood as well.
oak

Re: Feeling desire again, finally!

Post by oak »

Hooray!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Sexuality”