Cymbalta withdrawal sucks

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Lilac

Cymbalta withdrawal sucks

Post by Lilac »

Holy crap! I have only taken Cymbalta for about three months. I gained 30 pounds, crave alcohol, and sugar. I have been tapering off for two months. Withdrawal symptoms suck. Swimming head. Off balance. I feel nothing. I would rather have anxiety attacks than this. Then I googled Cymbalta. There is a possible class action lawsuit. I am having a difficult time believing that a shrink would prescribe this. Folks, please do your homework. Research your medications. I wish I had.

Anyone else had trouble getting off Cymbalta?
Brooke

Re: Cymbalta withdrawal sucks

Post by Brooke »

I am so sorry that you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta... I haven't heard those bad effects, so it's really informative. But when I was researching bad side-effects of antidepressants, there were so many related to Paxil that when I started my meds, I didn't dose up as fast as my doctor would have liked. I'm still at a very low dose so I can be aware of my side effects. And when I get them, I taper them down ever so slightly so that it doesn't mess with my brain, but lightens the side effects gently. Meds are a double-edged swords and I can't believe that doctors want to ramp up the dose so quickly and have you stay there.

This is only my personal opinion, but I choose to go low and slow with my meds because I'm the only one who can know how it really affects my body/brain. Maybe you can go slower with the tapering off period...? I really feel for you and hope you can find a way to deal with this...

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”