voices

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
noodles
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Eating Disorders
preferred pronoun: she/her/hers

voices

Post by noodles »

so I've just been feeling strange for a while now, connecting less with people, increased suicidal ideation, inability to go to work or school, etc. I have had several instances in the past couple months where I have remained in one position for close to an hour without being able to move or respond much. Around a few weeks ago I was in one of these states and started to have a conversation with my rice cooker in my head. Like he had a name and a family and emotions that he was telling me about. Like I know it was inside my head but I also didn't feel like I was producing his part of the conversation. I didn't really think much of it, like I figured everyone has that kind of stuff every now and then. The same thing happened last night too, except it was more intense, involving conversations with a few different inanimate objects. At one point I started to think that there was a gun inside this bag of chips and that somehow this bag of chips was going to shoot me. I think on some level I knew it was irrational but I don't know it scared me. I realize this sounds like some child's monster under the bed shit. Anyways after a while and some lethargic walking around the apartment getting my stuff ready for class in the morning, I managed to go to sleep. I figured things would be normal in the morning. They were, for a while. Until I started hearing voices like people in my head telling me how worthless I am and how everyone hates me and how I need to just off myself. At one point, one of the voices was telling me to just jump go and jump in front of the train. Later, the voices were concurring on how much of a failure I am, and how the entire world would just be better off without me. has anyone else had experiences like this before? I am hoping they will go away soon. however, for years I have had the experience of hearing people call my name when either no one is calling me or when no one is there (I realize this is somewhat common). Additionally I sometimes feel like someone is following me although I think this is usually because of shadows moving. I don't know there is a lot of weird things my brain does that I can't remember right now.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: voices

Post by brownblob »

I've had the experience of hearing my name called and no one was there, but none of these other experiences. I have had thoughts that have raced through my head telling me how terrible I am and that I need to kill myself, but not actual voices. From what you are describing, you are breaking from reality a little bit and should probably seek professional help to deal with it. Especially since these voices are telling you such negative things. Take care of yourself noodles.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”