I feel so distant from everyone

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
DownInKokomo
Issues: Social Anxiety, Depression, Co-Dependency
preferred pronoun: She

I feel so distant from everyone

Post by DownInKokomo »

Apart from that, I'm doing really well. Better than the last post I posted here. I feel hopeful lately, excited for all my new life changes, and dare I say... Happy! Yet, I feel so far away from a few close friends and my parents. I am spending time with them, had a few heart to hearts, conversations that would make "normal" people feel close to the person they are spending time with. I just feel so far away, nothing heavy on my mind either. Though, I am moving out of state in a few months. The first time in my life. I suppose this is a major contributor.. All the people in my life are busy with their children and their own lives, I guess I just am at a stage where I just don't relate to my friends anymore since I don't have children. I'm moving to a big city so I'm excited to meet new people and have a fresh start. I almost feel like, I've lost someone. Like past the grieving process, accepted that they're gone though I still miss them. Eh.. This is starting to feel a bit like a ramble, I just wanted to get this out somewhere other than my journal.
justkeepswimming
Issues: depression, anxiety, EDNOS, dysfunctional upbringing
preferred pronoun: she

Re: I feel so distant from everyone

Post by justkeepswimming »

I like how you said it's like the acceptance part of the grieving process. I have moved many times and I can relate to your post a lot. Before I move I feel that pulling away, missing them feeling and it feels like our hearts are miles apart. It stings but relationships flux and flow and if they are important, they will boomerang back :) Hugs and hope you feel closer to your people soon!

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”