SAM E

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
didbakenaked

SAM E

Post by didbakenaked »

Has anyone tried this supplement? The reviews online are mixed and it's about $45.00 for 1-2 months worth. It' inexpensive enough, that if it works it would help me diminish costs of testing out more expensive prescriptions for the next year. I took this a few years ago while seeing a therapist. I can't remember any effects, however in the past I was known for not taking any medicine consistently. I'm wondering if it's worth giving it ago again. I'm more responsible now.... in some ways.
Cinnamon

Re: SAM E

Post by Cinnamon »

I took it for about a year. At the time, looking back, I was most likely depressed and certainly going through a lot of trauma and a very very difficult life situation including the serious decline of my partner's mental health.
It was better than nothing, made some difference and I had never been on anti-depressants so I thought it sufficient and helped until I was finally convinced through acute trauma and everyone's professional and personal advice to go on anti-depressants. I am on 30 mg of Cymalta and I understand that is not a high dose but dramatically different than samE.
for someone a bit blue, samE can work but for real depression or a chronic issue, its better to use the most effective option you have.
CleverSometimes

Post by CleverSometimes »

Hello,

I've been taking Sam-E since the beginning of 2013 and have been pretty pleased with it. My doctor added it to my existing prescription for Cymbalta (They work best as a "cocktail" apparently.) I haven't had any side effects on it, but I also started therapy at the same thing so i think in tandem i'm doing better so it's hard to gauge which thing is working etc.. I take 400 mg twice a day, so it isn't cheap, but i've found some ways around it. I use the NatureMade brand and if you enter the box codes on their website you can earn coupons. Also, they alert me when CVS has a BOGO deal and I stock up.

I hope this information is helpful.
didbakenaked

Post by didbakenaked »

Thanks for the responses.
dylan

Post by dylan »

I tried Sam E for about 2 months, didn't really notice any effects except my wallet was lighter... as far as nutritional supplements go all I can recommend is fish oil and a multivitamin.
Life is better than nothing.

Return to “Depression - Unipolar (non BiPolar)”