Forum anxiety!!

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Cami
Issues: Depression, agorafobia, anxiety about everything, etc
preferred pronoun: She

Forum anxiety!!

Post by Cami »

A long standing theme in my anxiety, is that I overestimate my impact on the world and other people.

I don't recycle a bottle - a panda dies! I cross an empty street on my bike at a red light - a car will materialise out of nowhere and the driver will forever be scarred because he ran me down - etc.........!

A brand new thing I've discovered after joining this forum: If I see a post with 0 replies, it is all I can do to stop myself from replying, because I think it'll somehow be my fault if the post-writer feels bad...

I feel like a raging megalomaniac.. And I cannot reply to every goddamn post I come across, 'cos I don't always have something constructive to say, or the extra energy to be upbeat for someone else.
I'm not suicidal, but I am very pro-coma..
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Forum anxiety!!

Post by rivergirl »

Hi Cami,
I don't think you should feel guilty about unanswered posts because I think that's MY job, lol! I too feel anxious if I see a post on this forum that hasn't been answered. Then if I do reply and there's no response, I'm convinced that my terrible answer has discouraged someone from ever visiting the forum again. Like you, I also tend to feel this way about problems in the world as well.

I don't think it's megalomania so much as our anxiety affixing to anything possible that comes into our line of vision.

I hope you're taking a break from your duties as post monitor tonight. I'm more than capable of feeling guilty for both of us! ;)

rivergirl
Cami

Post by Cami »

Should we have badges or something Rivergirl? Kinda like the scouts?

AFW? Anxious Forum Watchers - and the badge is this guy: :shock:

But in all seriousness, I knew it couldn't just be me with that feeling.. And YES the anxiety if I reply and then it's just hanging there.. Geez, there's just no end to this loop, is there?
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Cami,
Sure, maybe we all deserve badges for dealing with our various mental health struggles!

Seriously, we're trying to reach out here so that's probably something to be celebrated. I'm only critical of my own posts. Almost always reading other people's posts (like yours!) makes me feel at least a tiny bit less alone.

rivergirl
Cami

Post by Cami »

It IS something to be celebrated, this whole damn forum is.

We are meeting people, regardles of age, gender, geography, lifestyle etc, based completely on our mutual levels of struggle.

I think that's beautiful!
Fargin
Issues: Avoidant Personality Disorder

Post by Fargin »

I think that's MY job
Phew, I thought it was my job.
Cami

Post by Cami »

I'm sure we can work out some kind of rotation, where we can all take part of the fun!
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

What you all said! :)

I feel the same way.

I feel like I should have more "real" trauma or troubles based on some of the posts here.... But I do know mental anguish, and how much it hurts, and just want to help in whatever small way possible, since I've received help here...

(And now for the self-doubt and all the rest that comes when you click the "Submit" button). :oops:
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

SD, I feel like I don't have real problems like everybody else because I don't have depression! :)
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Want some? we can share... ;)

But I think that's why people are uncomfortable talking about it or listening to someone who has it.... afraid that it's contagious.....

I'm reluctant to mention anything for fear of bringing someone down, or feeling like I'm a burden, and I've heard many others say the same thing.

Return to “Anxiety”