Feeling the "itch"

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Feeling the "itch"

Post by ghughes1980 »

I find myself slipping back into some serious anxiety as this particular treatment I'm on wears off. Dreading the 2-3 months of pain and whatnot I'm going to experience before the next round. I see it kind of like withdrawing from "drugs" but really I can't just use something to escape this it doesn't work that way. I will have to ride this out and that prospect makes me want to just quit life. I am starting to feel some pretty strong anxiety and I don't know where to go with it.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Feeling the "itch"

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello ghughes1980. I wish I knew more of the facts of your situation. Journaling is a nice way to "talk back" to your anxiety. Please take care during this 2 to 3 months. I wish you well and luck.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
ghughes1980

Post by ghughes1980 »

The situation is this, I get Botox injections in my hand to relieve spasticity. For some it lasts the 6 months for others it doesn't. I'm pretty much in the second group and it lasts around 2-3 months then it's back to normal (Which sucks). It's starting to wear off. If I could just numb out I would do that but it doesn't work, I get high or what ever but I'm still spastic blah blah so I'd be messed up physically and be wasted it doesn't work. I just end up more anxious and depressed when doing that. So it' a damned if I do and damned if I don't situation. I'm really not looking forward to the tension at all.
ghughes1980

Post by ghughes1980 »

Sleepless night number one, this combo of pain and anxiety of about the pain...ugh. I'm so grateful to the podcast community as a whole because without this content I'd be completely screwed. Listening to stories about other people's lives, hobbies and jobs is centering and without that I know where I tend to go. I've been catching up on back episodes of Walking the room, if you guys haven't listened yet I recommend Greg and Dave's show (I was happy to discover that I've been clown from the neck down this whole time.)
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Podcasts are great for the sleepless times. Please take care, ghughes1980
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
ididthatonce

Post by ididthatonce »

I find that sometimes the panic attacks I can feel coming on are easier to handle than the ones that hit me all of a sudden. They give me time to prepare. Then again, sometimes knowing that they're coming on is worse than the actual anxiety attack!

Best of luck with your issue. Sending mental hugs your way.
ghughes1980

Post by ghughes1980 »

Visiting this topic again because I'm just not sleeping these days. The sensations in my arm, leg and hand are so strange. My anxiety lately has kept me locked in the apartment and I'm not doing the work on myself I need to be doing because I just can't seem to keep regular daylight hours and get things done. Which causes more stress and brings down my mood drastically. Anxiety+pain+exhaustion= a cycle of poor eating habits and a general lack of upkeep and personal attention to details like dental care and the like, which adds on top of the nonsense I've got going on. It's 2:26am right now and I just don't see and end. Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

Return to “Anxiety”