Weight loss diet?

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
brave-girl-living

Re: Weight loss diet?

Post by brave-girl-living »

This seems a questionable post in the eating disorders section. Generally any diet is unhealthy for an eating disordered person. Perhaps post your question to another board where food isn't a matter of illness/health. :)
WiltedRose

Post by WiltedRose »

agree with Brave-Girl-Living.
Those of us with eating disorders are suffering from this affliction. Since an external symptom is weight loss, people tend to think it's like a "diet" of some sorts. That there is some secret to restricting to lose weight. Most of us have struggled with this for a long time and the external and most obvious ed behaviors are driven by underlying pain and suffering unimaginable.... for me, for example, severe anxiety, depression, OCD. I know I don't look well though at times people in our sick society compliment me on my size (being "small") and exercise compulsions (as if I have any free will in my food intake/excessive exercise each day). Definitely a question about a weight loss diet would be better addressed by a healthy website teaching sound nutrition/exercise to make your body healthier... not quick weight loss which will leave one weaker and ill , with a host of complications that are undesirable.miserable.
Eating disorders are not diets. They also prevent most of us from living full lives.
Wilted Rose
TinaMarie1234

Post by TinaMarie1234 »

Please don't post these types of things on this part of the forum as others who use it and suffer from Eating Disorders have asked you not to. Further posts are like mocking someone who has asked a sexual harasser to stop bothering them. Can we ask the forum tech staff to remove this thread?

Return to “Eating Disorders”