Just Plain Overwhelmed

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
BrambleAndRose

Just Plain Overwhelmed

Post by BrambleAndRose »

Hi All! I feel weird posting about needing a hug before I really introduce myself, but I'm having a rough Sunday, looking ahead to another long week of competing priorities, early mornings, late evenings and not enough rest. I'm at a point in my life where I'm just feeling overwhelmed. I know intellectually that I am going to come out of the other side, and that all will get done in due time, but my emotions haven't quite gotten the picture. I have been crying off-and-on all day, which is actually a healthy thing for guarded me. But, I just feel... ick!

I reached out to family for help with one small thing last week--to say this is INCREDIBLY hard for me is an understatement--and got shot down cold. I'm having some uncomfortable, but not serious, health impacts/ailments from the stress (allergy flare-ups and such), which of course, just exacerbates the situation. And, most of all, I'm feeling guilty and ashamed that I "let" things get to this point. Again, intellectually, I know to call bullshit, but emotionally, I just really wish I had some warm and strong arms to lean into for a few hours. A shoulder to lean on and to help me enjoy these few hours of downtime I'm demanding from myself. A warm embrace that I can believe with my head AND my heart. That's all. So simple, but so damned HARD.

I know the problems knocking around in my head right now are of the "good to have" variety, but I wish I had some help putting them in their place today. Thanks in advance for any kind words you might feel moved to share after reading this.
oak

Re: Just Plain Overwhelmed

Post by oak »

Hugs.

I also wish a good nights sleep for you.

I would send such sleep over the internet if I could.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Re: Just Plain Overwhelmed

Post by gfyourself »

Hey bramble sending a hug your way!

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”