Saying goodbye to my cat

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
marathonbar

Saying goodbye to my cat

Post by marathonbar »

My cat has been sick for several weeks now and today I found out he has a mass in his lungs. I've always thought the humane thing to do was to euthanize a pet when they get to this point, but it's so fucking hard to make the decision. I've basically convinced myself that it needs to happen this week-- I can't let him go on suffering. He's like a skeleton. He weighs about 4 lbs. now. To add to the stress, my son starts school this week and I'm not sure how he's going to handle this all. It sucks. Animals bring us such joy, but the pain at the end is so horrible.
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Saying goodbye to my cat

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Thinking of you, marathonbar, and your son. Sorry that your time with your beloved cat is coming to an end, and now there will be a parting of the ways. I wish you strength and good wishes and compassion for all. Please take care.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

I am very sorry to hear this.

The more experienced I get in this life the more I realize four legged creatures are true friends, contrary to the dubious friendship from many people.

I hope you find courage when you have to make the right decision, and peace follows. In the meantime, I encourage you to feel your feelings.

Hang in there.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
marathonbar

Post by marathonbar »

Thanks you guys. I can feel the hugs!
I'm ready to live a life of joy.

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”