Pretty dark topic/dreams. Just wanted to warn you.

To start a discussion post a new topic, otherwise just comment on other people's.
lawlessness45

Pretty dark topic/dreams. Just wanted to warn you.

Post by lawlessness45 »

I keep having dreams about suicide. Either I'm trying to kill myself and people are stopping or trying to stop me, or I'm talking about it in my dream, or I'm in the hospital again, or in the process of being admitted. It is a very disorienting experience. Especially because I'm trying to get my life back on track and put that stuff behind me. But the dreams are always such a struggle, and so exhausting (if dreams can be exhausting). I'm either struggling to live or struggling to die in the dreams.

It's like I can't get a break from this war I'm waging. My waking hours are often a battle--finding reasons why my life is worth more than money, why making my death look like an accident so my parents could still collect the insurance money won't work. I'd like my sleep to at least be free from such issues. Guess it has worked its way deeper into my subconscious than I'd like to admit.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
Sarah Williams
ColemanSilk

Re: Pretty dark topic/dreams. Just wanted to warn you.

Post by ColemanSilk »

Are you on meds or did you recently change meds? Sometimes I get suicidal/trippy dreams when my meds change (or when I go off them). It usually goes away (for me) after a few days. Good luck.
lawlessness45

Re: Pretty dark topic/dreams. Just wanted to warn you.

Post by lawlessness45 »

Coleman,

Yes, I just added abilify to my med regimen. It didn't even occur to me that the med could be causing it. But it makes sense that it would, especially because it has just been a 6 days since I started taking it. I will hold out a bit and see if it calms down in a week or two. Thanks for the insight! :)
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
Sarah Williams

Return to “I Want to Share a Dream I Had or Keep Having”