BryceLayton's Diary

Feel free to comment on other people's diary entries, but start a new thread click "post a new topic" to write about your own life. Title the thread the name of your username. Like "XXXXX's Diary"
BryceLayton

BryceLayton's Diary

Post by BryceLayton »

*Author's note: Instead of cursing, I'll be inserting names of authors I enjoy and scientists I admire. Carry on.*

I haven't been on this site in a really, really long time. Something stirred in my soul to come read some of my old posts and Mary Shelley, I was a depressed little Faulkner. Don't get me wrong, I'm a still a depressed little Faulkner, but Lord Byron, was I full of myself. I kept trying to use these really pompous metaphors - like John Green level pompous. Trying so hard to be big and important, like you do when you're young. I should feel proud of the progress I've made, but I'm actually totally embarrassed because when you Google my name, this forum is the first thing that pops up. There's probably some observation about my psyche that could be drawn from that, but I'm too tired and, frankly, too lazy to put forth the effort.

Anyway, I should be posting more. It'd give me a good excuse to write more.

Best wishes,

Bryce
BryceLayton

Re: BryceLayton's Diary

Post by BryceLayton »

Paranoia's back in full swing so now seems to be the appropriate time to write this journal, even though the repercussions of not doing so will be minimal to nonexistent. I'm convinced that my coworkers hate me. Maybe not hate, possibly severely dislike. Or maybe they just find me annoying. I was described as "lame" by one of them, but I have no idea what that means. Please, fellow forum members more well acquainted with millennial slang, please alert me of the meaning. I know it shouldn't concern me as no one's opinion of me should affect how I live my life and blah blah blah, but David Levithan, that seems like some really stupid advice. What motivation would we ever have to seek self-improvement if it weren't for our peers calling us pretentious, stuck up little Faulkners. But anyway, I just feel like I'm always making an ass of myself through the most rudimentary of actions. As such, I intend to conduct a social experiment tomorrow by limiting my communication to the bare minimum and see what the consequences are. Findings will be reported back with haste.

Best wishes,

Bryce
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You are not lame, Bryce. And using author's and scientist's names instead of curses is a terrifically hilarious idea! All the best.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
flyinginside
Issues: Anxiety, PTSD, Depression

Post by flyinginside »

Bryce,

Thank you for sharing. I agree that the names of authors & scientists is an amazing idea and was surprisingly easy to follow. Your John Green comment made me chuckle, too. I sort of like him, have a strong annoyance w/his brother and have to agree about the self inflated young characters. And, my own tendency towards self inflation, more when I was younger, but still noticing it now. Also, when people google me, they see I was self-righteously posting on a "light workers" website, during my "guru" years, ha.

Best,
Marybeth
Your weirdness will make you stronger. Your dark side will keep you whole. Your vulnerability will connect you to the rest of our suffering world. Your creativity will set you free. There’s nothing wrong with you.

Return to “Dear Diary”