Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Discuss getting together with other listeners on your own or at a live MIHH event
Nevina

Re: Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Post by Nevina »

demoyne wrote:All,

I came down with a bug and haven't been able to shake it, so I won't be there tonight as I feel awful and I don't want to get everyone sick. Hopefully I feel better by the Saturday show, but I thought I would let you all know and apologize for not making it. Hope it went well.

Regards,
Chris

Ooh, m so sorry you weren't able to make it! I hope you're well for Saturday! There is also a meetup Friday night with listeners and Paul, if you're feeling better. :)
When life gives you shit, make shitade.
Blake

Post by Blake »

How did it go last night?
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

I thought it was really great. There was ...about 10 of us I think? We responded to survey answers that we identified with.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Nice! Glad to hear it went well. :)
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

Holy shit! It's Saturday night and I miss all of you already! :cry:
shanarchy

Post by shanarchy »

Wish I was there.
~Shanarchy

"You are more talented than you think, more beautiful than you know, and more loved than you can imagine." ~Kandee Johnson
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

Let's have another get together as the MIHH PNW Chapter. We can all use the support and love. We'll Skype Paul in :).
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

The weekend in Portland was one of the most special of all my years touring as a performer. Getting to do the live podcast and the group recording at Lewis & Clark, plus having you guys support me doing my satire at the festival...it just leaves me speechless and glowing. I feel heard, loved, accepted, supported, encouraged and felt. I guess I wasn't speechless.

Paul :)
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

serious_oregon wrote:Let's have another get together as the MIHH PNW Chapter. We can all use the support and love. We'll Skype Paul in :).
This WILL happen. Let's not wait tooooo long!
Paul Gilmartin wrote: I feel heard, loved, accepted, supported, encouraged and felt.
I'm glad. I felt the same way! Everyone was so sweet and open.

It was great being around a group of people who were basically strangers, but I felt that in some way we already knew each other, or at least understood each other. People who talk about Real, Important things without having to fill every second of silence with smalltalk. There was a kinship. Even though I was very anxious and self-conscious in myself, I did not feel uncomfortable or awkward with everyone else - and that's saying something! I realized that the last time I felt so accepted in a group of relative-strangers was when I attended PNW Unitarian Universalist Young Adult Cons. And then I started daydreaming about a weekend-long MIHH retreat, especially since I'm now too old to attend the PNWUUYA Cons. Oh, I think I'm getting way ahead of myself. :D
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

Could we make the weekend retreat like a cruise? All night pizza bar & chocolate fountain? Maybe some charades and board games, too. Damn, that would totally rock. Paul can be our chaperone! OMG. It would be an actual "Love Boat". Oh, wait. I already forgot we're not really going on a cruise...
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith

Return to “Listener Events”