Future Guest for show

Important info regarding the site.
konamarsha

Future Guest for show

Post by konamarsha »

I suggest Paul interview Ruby Wax author and comedian.
duck1

Re: Future Guest for show

Post by duck1 »

I am rementioning the names from the lost thread:

Amber P

Jus Reign

A dyspractic woman
CosM129
Issues: Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Social Anxiety..
preferred pronoun: She

Post by CosM129 »

Hello

How about Margaret Trudeau from Canada she is the the wife of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau. Her life has been filled
with many interesting experiences to say the least, and a very hard loss of her son as well as her husband.
She suffers from Bipolar Disorder and has had postpartum depression.--2010 book, "Changing My Mind."

or

Elizabeth Manley , the pressures of training, coupled with her inability to voice her true feelings, crippled the teenaged Manley by the 1982-1983 skating season.
Around that time, Manley's coach left her unexpectedly The coach-less 17-year-old was then sent to train in the United States, away from her mother, family and friends. With the Sarajevo Olympics just a year and a half away, Manley felt utterly alone. That feeling was magnified by the divorce of her parents. It wasn't long before Manley's body began to crack under such pressure. Despite her stringent diet and gruelling training schedule, Manley suddenly gained 20 lbs. The teenager's hair also began to fall out in clumps.

"It was telling me and everyone around me that something was very, very wrong. That's when I knew I needed to reach out for help and find out what was wrong with me," she said. she was diagnosed with having a nervous breakdown and depression. Ironically, the diagnosis proved to be much tougher for those around her than Manley herself. "For me this was an illness, just like any other illness. I needed help. I got treatment. I was going to be okay. But people around me suddenly began to disappear from my life. They didn't know how to deal with this disease, or me. There was a huge stigma attached to this disease at the time," said Manley. Today, Manley looks back on her battle with depression with gratitude.--1990 autobiography, "Thumbs Up!"

Thanks for the consideration
Murphy
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Rumination

Post by Murphy »

Old thread, but I was looking to post this somewhere. I just listened to a recent Nerdist podcast episode with Jim Norton. He goes into some sexual addiction stuff, and it was interesting. I think he might be a good guest.
Any care that keeps you from your feet is a care that carries your defeat
Bradyn
Issues: Addiction Depression Anxiety Add
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Bradyn »

100% Agree with Murphy, Jim Norton is a very interesting character.
Spottydog
Issues: Anxiety, depression, self worth, body image, family trauma
preferred pronoun: She/her/hers pronoun

Post by Spottydog »

I would like to hear Anderson Cowan (Film Vault, After Disaster, engineer for Loveline and friend of Mike Carano), if he's open to it.
Also Andy Dick.
meh
Issues: Bipolar, depression, general all around ick
preferred pronoun: That

Post by meh »

Here's one from left field... Buzz Aldrin. After he came back from the Moon he struggled with depression and alcoholism. His book "Magnificant Desolation" is about his post-Apollo struggles. Plus he's damn cool and a true bad-ass.
"Of course you have an active inner life, you're bipolar"
my therapist.
Opeth
Issues: Severe clinical depression, anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by Opeth »

I think Duncan Trussel would be a great one
FuckYouDad
Issues: depression, anxiety, anger, emotional abuse, no sense of self
preferred pronoun: he

Post by FuckYouDad »

Alan Cumming - actor, author of his memoir: Not My Father's Son, physical and emotional abuse survivor

Brene Brown (I think she's been suggested already)

Sarah Silverman

W. Kamau Bell - sociopolitical comedian, community activist

Karl Ove Knausgaard - Norwegian author/writer: My Struggle
SadDaddy

Post by SadDaddy »

Heather Havrilesky, who does the Ask Polly column for New York mag. She has a book out next week called How to Be a Person in the World. I think she would be really interesting.

Return to “Announcements (Россия без Путина)”