Why are people whining about the length of the podcast?

Post discussions as new topics.
Herself

Why are people whining about the length of the podcast?

Post by Herself »

After looking forward to the podcast all week, I appreciate long episodes. You want 20 minute podcasts? Listen to it in shifts. Stop givng Paul something else to worry about!
Parks Dad

Re: Why are people whining about the length of the podcast?

Post by Parks Dad »

Well said, Herself and thank you Paul, for a helpful podcast.
Cherry_Iceee

Post by Cherry_Iceee »

Personally i love the length of them. They arent too long and arent too short. I clean buildings and work alone most buildings take an hour and half. This is a perfect podcast for work. I dont have to constantly stop what im doing to start a new one. It never leaves me wanting more nor does this time frame ramble on until it becomes white noise. I love it! I hope it never changes.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Same here. I have been listening to the podcast for a long time and couldn't even imagine why Paul would be so apologetic about the length of an episode. There have been episodes where I was even a little dissappointed when they were over.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Thanks for saying so you guys. You know the showbiz thing about always leave em' wanting more. That's always in the back of my mind, that if too many episodes are too long, then people will stop listening because it takes up too much of their time.

Paul :)
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Sabriel

Post by Sabriel »

I love the length and sometimes wish you were able to get into more with some of the guests. I don't really think about the length while I'm listening, just totally absorbed in the episode and what is being discussed.
HeathMcF

Post by HeathMcF »

Just keep going...

If there's good material, then go for it! The longer it is, the more time I get to enjoy it!!

Great intro on Maria's podcast today!! ;)
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

People will always find something to complain about. I've never felt a podcast dragged on unnecessarily -- on the contrary, oftentimes they're cut short.

You know what they say...
Haters gotta hate. Potatoes gotta potate.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Jenny Jump

Post by Jenny Jump »

I LOVEY MC LOVE the length of the podcasts! I wish they were longer.
"I know what I am, I know what you think I am, but I refuse to be that simple." -Nomy Lamm
Sabriel

Post by Sabriel »

One thing I didn't comment on the last time I wrote on this one is that it's ridiculous for people to bitch about the length of the podcast being to long. It's a podcast, not a live radio show where you can't pause and pick up on it later. I find I do this a lot depending on what kind of time I have at the moment to listen. Both with this and with The Nerdist podcast which I also listen too all the time. I will say that when I first found this show and came to the decision to listen to a bunch of them ( before going to listening to all) I would specifically look for the longer ones to download. I'm a little sad that I'm totally caught up now though because I loved it when I still had a bunch of the shows to listen to.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”