Why are people whining about the length of the podcast?

Post discussions as new topics.
Jose

Re: Why are people whining about the length of the podcast?

Post by Jose »

I don't understand people who prefer short podcasts, they seem to be rationing off their time for entertainment. 20-30 minutes isn't enough time to get some JUICE out of an interview!!! That's a radio fluff piece. GTFO of here with that.. If a podcast is an hour or less I'm a little dissappointed. I've truly been spoiled, but yeah I love especially the length of the mental illness happy hour episodes because the discussions are so in depth and about serious, serious matters, so it's important to 'get to the bottom of things' and make sure you're being clear and direct about the message you're sending out on whatever touchy subject Paul chooses to examine each week!
gfmyself

Post by gfmyself »

The longer, the better. Those who enjoy this podcast are the ones more likely to donate, and they're probably just fine with longer episodes of their favorite podcast. People who complain that they're too long are probably not that into the podcast anyway.
weezy

Post by weezy »

I don't understand why people are complaining about the length of the podcasts. Maybe they are not too interested. I never find them too long. I enjoy all the episodes. I guess some people just like to complain about anything and everything'
Great job Paul
An avid supporter.
Weezy,
New Brunswick Canada
Raisehell

Post by Raisehell »

I love the length of the shows! It's just right for me. :dance:
serenity88

Post by serenity88 »

Even a two hour podcast with Paul goes by very quickly. Paul, don't apologize for silly things. If someone is cranky and doesn't want to listen to the whole thing then that's their choice. I would happily listen to every episode if they were 5 hours.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

I would be happy if the podcasts were even longer. As someone else mentioned, I felt sad when I got all caught up with past episodes. I'm embarrassed to say that one time when I had a particularly bad day, I stayed up until after midnight on a Thursday hoping that maybe the new episode would be posted at 12:01. Each week I promise myself to save the new episode for a least a few days but invariably I finish it on my Friday commute!
serenity88

Post by serenity88 »

Aw, rivergirl - I relate to the story you shared and I don't think you should be embarrassed about it at all! As so many people here, you probably are comforted by listening in and especially so on bad days. I have been known to check for new episodes in the wee hours of Friday morning too. ;) hugs.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Thanks, serenity88, hugs to you too!

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”