Hello everyone

To start a discussion, post a new topic.
la15andmary
Issues: Schizoaffective disorder mostly bipolar type
preferred pronoun: He

Hello everyone

Post by la15andmary »

Hi everyone just started aa meetings this week, so far so good. Stopped smoking weed 8/6 and no alcohol since 8/10. Just dealing with a lot of anxiety, I just got out of a deep depression, haven’t been full blown manic yet. But hard to focus and getting hyper. I have been lucky so far and able to fall asleep. I see my doctor next week so she might change my meds. Just curious if anyone else have had the same issues when getting sober. Thanks
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Hello everyone

Post by snoringdog »

Hello la15andmary,

It's been awhile - I wondered where you'd gone!
I'm sorry you're having trouble, I thought you were on the upswing...

Anyway - Anxiety sure sucks, especially when it gets so bad that my hands shake...Do you have physical symptoms too, or just anxious thoughts?

Anything in particular that fuels the anxiety? (God knows the world is full of reasons, right?!)

I'm sure that alcohol dulled the anxiety, so leaving off it is sure to let it resurface...

Are you still trying to work out? Sometimes a short quick workout can help with anxiety - directs the excess energy to your muscles instead of your head....

Hope you're feeling better today.

Regards

SD
la15andmary
Issues: Schizoaffective disorder mostly bipolar type
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Hello everyone

Post by la15andmary »

Hey sd
Yes I was on the upswing, but I was still isolating my and feel of the wagon. Yes I still exercise. Man I must have had depression bad because it took an hour on the the treadmill (walking at 3-3.5) to beat the depression. I really like aa. I like to hear other stories and get their advice. So far so good I talked with my therapist and she said I wasn’t manic just have to learn to live sober. And feeling good kind of freaked me out. I will update again agin if I make to thirty days. How have you been? Hope your doing well

Return to “Addictive Substances”