searching for gratitude

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

searching for gratitude

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Struggling a bit with cynicism and negativity this week, so posting some gratitude:
the person that was taking their geriatric dog out for a walk in a baby stroller
not working today, but still went to bed at a reasonable hour and got up same, working towards a further goal that is dependent on this
saw my therapist stifle a yawn 3 times but knew it was not about me, sometimes people are tired
I have a job I love
I have self care scheduled for tomorrow
Heather
feel free to join in :-)
oak

Re: searching for gratitude

Post by oak »

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you did.

Here is my friendly, but serious, challenge: can you express dental gratitude?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Heatherwantspeace

Oak, I surely can!
I am grateful that I have no pain in my mouth and can eat, drink and breath freely
I am grateful that dentistry is no longer the horrorshow it was when I was growing up. I've had enough good experiences now that it has almost become just another appointment.
I am grateful that the work I've done to catch up on my dental hygiene, including flossing, has negated some of the childhood neglect, and I have made improvements in the state of my gums and no longer have sensitivity to cold.
I am grateful that the only serious work I've had done are crowns, and that the procedures went well with no nerve damage.
I am grateful that I have dental insurance. I am supremely grateful for the 3 month period that I had double coverage and was able to get 4 crowns done without any cost to me (other than the emotional work of having that much work done in a short time period...do not recommend).
I am grateful that dentists still do the "free day" for those that are not so fortunate. I am aware that the luck of birth place/time/class means I have been gifted with the means for good health. I did nothing to deserve this privilege.

Well, I ended up having the most amazing day yesterday so this might just be working. I was happy and easily able to cope with life and slept well.
I might just bore you all with further gratitudes. :-)
Heather
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Please do!

I was going to post about a toothache I had last week that came out of nowhere, and lasted several days. A deep throbbing pain extending down into my jaw. The kind you can't ignore, that interferes with sleep, and saps your energy kind of pain.

I'm grateful that my dentist offered to see me right away, and that he could rework an old cracked filling I had that was apparently the trouble, and that there was no other problem such as a crack in the tooth, etc.

I'm also grateful for getting fluoride as a kid, which helped strengthen my teeth.

:D
SD
Heatherwantspeace

SD, I'm so glad you were able to get that fixed! And not being able to sleep makes everything so much worse, physically and emotionally. Ugh.

Yesterday's gratitudes:
I am grateful that my newest practitioner has a love of the arts. While body and soul are being repaired, my spirit is also being enriched via discussions of the joyful tiny moments in our favourite performances or art
I am grateful for the bunny shaped cookie I had
I am grateful when I remember that life is not high school and feel free to be weird
I am grateful for the multimedia display I went to yesterday, on my own, with no one else in the gallery. Silence. No opinions but my own
I am grateful that yesterday reminded me of my goofy/arty side. I am 20% Shaggy, 80% Velma. I would like to take the Shaggy side up
Zoiks! :lol:

Heather
oak

Post by oak »

Well said!

I kindly encourage you to consider three qualities of Velma vis a vis Shaggy (source: memories 35 years old):

1. Velma will often actually carry the entire gang.
2. She doesn’t give up when inevitably losing her glasses.
3. Most importantly she keeps the plot moving.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Heatherwantspeace

Haha...thanks Oak. Notable is that Shaggy and Scoob do occasionally get the crime solving rolling by accidentally stumbling upon a villian's lair, all while being their free-wheeling selves.

Yesterday's gratitudes:
I am grateful for my anger, that lets me know my values are being threatened
I am grateful that I was able to pull myself back when a coworker bruised my ego and I wanted to lash out
I am grateful for Sunday morning newspapers and pancakes
I am grateful for the low glycemic pancake recipe that allows me to not have a crash an hour later
I am grateful that I knew I had to write this list because I was having a hard time feeling grateful

Time for Scooby Snacks.
Heather
Heatherwantspeace

OK, I'm committed to doing this for a week, so here's yesterday's gratitudes:
I am grateful that even though there are many issues in my workplace, sexual harassment and physical intimidation are not issues. I feel safe in my body in my workplace
I am grateful that I witnessed a person I consider thoughtful and kind being judgey. It's a reminder that the world is not black and white, we all have our blindspots, I need to be compassionate to myself and others when words are harsh or cruel
I am grateful for the actions of First Nations/Aboriginal/Indigenous peoples to protect our environment when we become greedy
I am grateful that my favourite podcast comes out on Monday
I am grateful that I rediscovered a cookbook on my shelf full of healthy, delicious recipes
Heather
resnullis
Issues: PTSD, Chronic Depression, suicidal ideation, mania, anxiety, panic
preferred pronoun: they/them

Post by resnullis »

gonna give this a go:

- grateful for rediscovering an old incense stick scent that I burnt a lot during my teen years. Lighting it brings up some non painful nostalgia.

- grateful for my siblings. Tomorrow is my birthday and even though we're far apart they've planned a minecraft hosted party for me after school tomorrow

- grateful to be able to talk to myself loudly in the shower without being embarrassed

- grateful I could take a nap today
Heatherwantspeace

Glad to have you join in, resnullis. Your list made me smile. Happy Birthday!

Yesterday's gratitudes:
I am grateful for my friend at work who made me laugh so so hard at the start of my shift. I got to start my workday with a significantly lower stress level
I am grateful that my new series book came out yesterday, and that I was able to buy it with a gift card
I am grateful I made myself a priority and fit in my full exercise even though it meant I was a bit rushed later

Heather

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”