Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by Mental Fairy »

But wait there’s more!!!
It’s part of our festival of lights at the park. Night time it is amazing but I can’t bring myself to go!
Attachments
F145C91C-0D1D-4ABF-B2E7-5BD938AA6C0C.jpeg
F145C91C-0D1D-4ABF-B2E7-5BD938AA6C0C.jpeg (133.55 KiB) Viewed 597 times
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Yeah, crowds can be a drag, but it IS at night.... ;)
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.

Post by snoringdog »

About the shopping trip
I walked in and lasted 3 minutes maximum. I felt like a fit of rage came over me. The place started spinning and Joe noticed immediately I needed to leave.
Seems like it's also some discomfort with crowds maybe?

One small thing you might try is to carry a pair of soft earplugs to pop in as needed. I always do. They dampen the higher frequencies and the impulse noise, and give me a bit of control. (I can still hear perfectly well).

And now that you're recognizing your sensitivity, you can discuss it and maybe plan a different shopping schedule when it's less crowded.

(You might also pretend you're on one of those game-show challenges. Who can survive the chaos and din the longest... wins! :D ).

------------------------------------
My mood and mental state *is* a bit better these days, thanks.

But it's always a struggle to stay positive. The world doesn't seem to be getting better, just need to keep a balanced outlook, not so black-and-white.

And not to dwell too long on the negative, which exists in spades... :(
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi SD

You’re correct, crowds have always been a problem. Plus having a door open when in a room. Drives my doctors nuts.

I am pleased you’re feeling a bit better. We take it as it comes and roll with the punches or punch back twice as hard!

The photos on my gratitude post really got to me. Especially the second bird stone carving. Stood in front of it and had a moment. Joe looked at me like I was mad. I said I knew many people whom would appreciate this stone carving! He doesn’t get it!

I went to buy a road bike yesterday from a man whom wanted to sell it as he wasn’t using it much. After meeting him and riding it I handed it back and said i couldn’t buy it. He was looking at the bike all sad and defeated. After a long chat he smiled and I left. I got a text from him this morning and he said he went for a ride this morning for the first time in six years. He was grateful I didn’t buy the bike! He just needed encouragement as he gave up.

Now I have to find another bike or stick with my current one that’s a bit heavy for long distances.

Alas, small problems!

I just need something to get me to a loo quicker than my legs when I’m in a flair!

Mental hugs people!
snoringdog

Post by snoringdog »

The photos on my gratitude post really got to me. Especially the second bird stone carving. Stood in front of it and had a moment. Joe looked at me like I was mad. I said I knew many people who would appreciate this stone carving! He doesn’t get it!
Both sculptures are appealing.

Can "primal/primitive" and "elegant" go together? That what I think when looking at the second one.

Have you ever gone museum-hopping with your family? There's surely something for everyone!
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi SD

The work museum and library in your family is an immediate “of” button to the boys. The moment I mention either of them their eyes glass over and they go into another world so they don’t have to be subjected to the conversation!
My ideal holiday would be going to all the museums and libraries around the world. Even book stores are amazing. Once I walk into one I start floating!!

Sadly this lack of understanding in our home starts many arguments and frustrates me deeply. We are so different. How I am still with Joe is a miracle in itself!
oak

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy, I’m glad you’re doing well b

I’m charmed that you rekindled the person’s love for his bike, and the road.

You created space for the right bike to come to you. I’m glad you trusted your gut.

I hope some good karma flows back to you, both for your generosity to the almost-seller of the bike, and me. If you do get a little good luck this week, or avoid a bad luck, please post here!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Had a tricky day at work and got home feeling a bit off.
Went to my mailbox and I saw my neighbour was home early, I text to make sure he’s ok. He said he put his back out and took some time off. I opened my mailbox and he left me my next duck.
I almost cried. So kind
Attachments
7A1273C6-986E-4876-8864-D748DD52288F.jpeg
7A1273C6-986E-4876-8864-D748DD52288F.jpeg (136.73 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Oh SD, yes I invested in ear plugs and do use and have for a while now. It helps massively thank you.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

That is a kick-ass duck puzzle! 🦆
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “PTSD”